Chapter 9 (Part 1)

Seraphina growls angrily, "That girl is creating trouble for my army and I. She must be eliminated." She looks at the list in front of her, "This has to wait for now. I have to go teach those wretched souls called students."

Meanwhile, there was a knock on the door. You yawn, "Coming..." You open the door and almost have a heart attack. You said, "Atticus Rhodes, what in the name of Ra are you doing?!" You then hear a groan, "What was that for, Lexie?" You shake your head, "Should I even ask, Alexis?" Alexis apologizes, "I'm sorry if my idiot brother here scared you." "I'm close to hitting this guy with my staff." You exhale, "Well, what brings you both here?" Alexis clears her throat, "We were wondering if you had spoken to Jesse yet." Atticus gave you a flirtatious expression, "If not, you could always be with m—OW!" Alexis gave her brother a dirty look, "Don't even start. You shamelessly flirt with all the other girls but keep your grimy hands away from Y/N." You reply to Alexis, "I have but he acts distant around me." You add quietly, "Does he hate me?" Alexis thought, "Oh Y/N...you really do like him like that don't you?"

As you were walking, Alexis couldn't stop thinking about Jesse's behaviour. You bumped into a blockade and fell back. You groan, "Since when is there a blockade at the entrance?" You get up and notice a flock of male students in the vicinity of the blocked area. "I smell something fishy, and it's not Eria." "Haha...very funny, Aussa." All the female spirits had their suspicions on what was going on. Lyna asked, "Has anyone seen Dharc?" Aussa questions, "Where's Dark Magician and Breaker?" Chikaze face palms, "All the male spirits must've gone past the barrier." Alexis remarks, "Those guys must be having a blast in there. Right, Y/N?" Alexis face palms, "If you're trying to get inside, you could at least make yourself less noticeable." Your cheeks darken in embarrassment, "T-That sounds more logical now that you mention it." You said, "Come on, Alexis. You're helping me out." You grab her hand before she could protest any further.

Seraphina cackles, "That's right boys, come create your own undoing." She looks to the growing crowd and mutters, "This barrier better work."

Meanwhile, Jesse's mind was in a daze. Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat was having a difficult time speaking with Jesse. She yells, "Jesse!" Jesse did not hear her, neither did the other Crystal Beast spirits (apart from Ruby Carbuncle). Ruby knew that there was something off and it caused her to run in another direction.

Yubel looked at Jaden for a moment before looking at the one person she despised. Jaden questions, "Hey Yubel? Do you know why all the guys are gathered around here?" The Queen of Darkness shrugs, "I'm not sure. Although, I have a feeling that wench of a professor is involved in all of this. I sense a dark aura radiating from within her soul." Jaden came to a realization, "How come I'm not affected by whatever those guys are affected by?" Jaden hears something from a distance, "Alexis, come on! Either we get in or we stay out here like sitting ducks." "But Y/N—" "Don't "but Y/N me". I know that something is off about it entire thing. We both know that. I'm worried that our friends are also involved in this mess." Alexis replies, "I know how you feel but you can't go in there without a plan. If you do, you're asking for a death wish!" Yubel said, "Jaden, you know what you have to do." Jaden nods, "You don't have to tell me twice, Yubel."

You pull Alexis along quietly, "We have to stay quiet or else we'll be spotted." "Hey Lex, hey Y/N." You turn around, "Jaden, what are you doing here?" Alexis quietly clears her throat, "I'm going ahead of you, Y/N." You nod in understanding. Wynn, Aussa, Eria and Hiita all share a wary expression. Hiita questions, "Is something going on over there?" Jaden shrugs, "Don't ask me. I have no idea what those guys are doing." You look over at the entrance in worry. Wynn asked, "Are you worried about Jesse?" Eria replies, "Of course she is, Wynn. Her expression gives it away." You see two of the Crystal Beast spirits, which surprised you. Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat growls, "That woman is involved in all of this. Jesse would not listen to a word I have said to him! That arrogant....never mind." You ask, "What woman?" Jaden replies, "I think she's talking about that new professor."