Chapter 2

The next morning, you grab your books and see Wynn sitting on your desk. Wynn said, "You sure look like you're thinking hard about something." You shake your head, "Not really. I'm just wondering if I'll see any more people." You add, "Petit, you stay here. Dark Magician Girl will keep you company." You pet her head and say, "Well I'm off." Petit obediently stayed on Dark Magician Girl's shoulder. Dark Magician Girl then said, "Alright Petit, let's just relax."

"Excuse me! Comin' through!" Yubel shakes her head, "You do this every time you're late!" Jaden replies, "Not every time! Only when I sleep in." "Hey Wynn, do you think we'll see anyone else today?" Yubel stops, "Who was that?" Jaden explains to Yubel about the previous day. Jaden saw you walking ahead and decided to catch up with you.

You ask, "Hey Wynn, do you think we'll see anyone else today?" Wynn shrugs, "Probably. I mean, this place is huge after all." "Kuri kuri." You see a Winged Kuriboh flying towards you. "Kuriboh!" Wynn sighs, "Seems like Petit follows in that Kuriboh's footsteps." You turn around and suddenly hit the ground. You groan, "That's going to leave a mark, Wynn." You look up, "Jaden?" You see the spirit of Yubel and you feel a bit frightened. Wynn said, "Yubel..." Winged Kuriboh flies around you before sitting on Jaden's shoulder. Jaden helps you up and apologizes, "Sorry Y/N, didn't see you there." You stutter, "N-No, i-it's fine." Jaden asked, "You okay?" Wynn exhales, "Y/N..." You quickly speak, "I should go! Bye!" Jaden said, "Wait up!" Jaden inquires, "What was that about?" Yubel answers, "I think that she's scared of me."  Jaden responds back, "I'm sure she's just being shy."

Moments later, you were alone once more. You sigh, "Yubel kind of scares me..." Wynn replies, "Calm down. Yubel isn't that scary, you know. Just give her a chance." You then see Dark Magician appear and you said, "We should probably get to class." Dark Magician questions, "Is something wrong?"  Wynn tells Dark Magician about what happened before. Dark Magician nods, "I see. You know, it's not entirely her fault. Y/N needs time to get used to her classmates and the spirits that dwell here."  You reply, "You're right, but for now....I need to get to class." Your spirits nod and you head to class.

When you walk in, you suddenly stumble causing the people around you to laugh. You see a hand out in front of you. You look up, "Good morning, Alexis." She helps you up before glaring at the person in front of her. She said, "Chazz, leave her alone! Go pick on someone else." The boy in front rolls his eyes and walks away. Alexis said, "Just ignore Chazz, he's a bit full of himself." Alexis asked, "Do you want to hang out with me and my friends after class?" You smile timidly, "I-I'd like that." You see Professor Banner enter the classroom and the room becomes silent. You listen to him speak, "Today we will be learning about field spells." You listen to him as he explained the mechanics of the subject. Professor Banner asked, "Y/N, would you give us an example of a field spell? Would you also give brief summary of it as well?" You nodded and said, "Secret Village of the Spellcasters is a good field spell. It gives the user an advantage if their opponent doesn't control any Spellcaster-type monsters. If they don't control any, they can't activate any spells. Although, if the user doesn't control any Spellcasters, they themselves can't activate any spells." Professor Banner replies, "That is right, Y/N. Well done."

After class, you patiently wait for Alexis. You grab your books and you see her wave at you. You ask, "Is it alright if I get some things from my dorm before we go?" She nods in understanding, "Okay, I'll come with you." When she walked in, Alexis saw how neat the room was. You put your books down on your desk and you put on your jacket. You said, "Alright, let's go." You follow her to a grassy area of the academy. You see some familiar faces and it sets you at ease. You quietly sit beside Alexis. It was Syrus who broke the silence. He said, "Did you guys hear Jaden snore during class?" Jaden protests, "I was not snoring!" Bastion replies, "Jaden, the entire class was filled with the sound of you snoring." Alexis suddenly said, "Snoring aside, Y/N answered Professor Banner's question without a stutter." You stutter, "W-Well...I just...it was the first field spell to pop into my head." You blush out of embarrassment at her praise.