Chapter 10

"Y/N. Y/N, help me." You awoke with a start. Your palms were sweating after hearing the same voice for a third night in a row. It was the same voice that diverted your attention while you were with Jesse. However, you were thankful that he was unaware of the situation.

"Hey. Hey. Earth to Y/N!" Your trance was broken by Alexis poking your side. Alexis asked, "Are you okay?" You nod quickly, not wanting to cause any suspicion. Alexis shook her head, "You always have your head in the clouds." Wynn sighs, "I understand that you're still uneasy about that dream. However, you have to be wary of your reactions around your friends. That category also includes Jesse, Y/N. No one can know about this."

Ten minutes later, you were surrounded by several books. This issue was bothering you and you weren't sure how to deal with it. You let out a huff, "This is frustrating. I can't figure out why this voice is calling out to me." Lyna asked, "Why are you so persistent on this matter?" You reply, "I'm persistent on it because I don't want to get Jesse involved in this crazy mess." You add, "If he found out I don't how I would tell him. I'm just glad that he hasn't found out now." Dharc crosses his arms, "You do know that he will find out. After he does, you'll both get into a massive fight over this." Aussa looked at you worriedly, "Shadow here has a point. Lying to Jesse is just going to make it worse." You look to the Charmer spirits and sigh, "I can't tell him upfront! He'll think I'm joking!" None of the spirits uttered a word in response.

It was the next morning and Alexis became suspicious of your actions. Alexis said to Bastion, "I think Y/N is hiding something." Bastion didn't look up from his book and replies, "You're probably reading into it too much. I'm sure there is a logical explanation behind what Y/N is doing. She's probably studying for that test we have in Calculus." Alexis responds with wariness, "I doubt that's the case."

Jesse also became suspicious of your actions. He was aware that something was bothering you. However, he did not have the courage to ask you about why you won't say anything. He knew that he should say something but he wasn't fully aware of the situation you were in.

You were strolling around campus as Petit Dragon chased Happy Lover. You suddenly feel something soft and ghost-like land on your head. It was Petit Angel. She was one of the more playful spirits. She never left her card unless she was either in trouble or if she just wants attention. Petit Angel sat on your shoulder as you continued to stroll alone. Petit Angel coos at you in concern. You shake your head, "I'm fine, really. I just wish that all of this would just die down." Petit Angel nuzzles you in understanding.

Zane Truesdale was on his way to class. He spots you walking alone, wondering why you were not with Jesse. "Hey, big brother." Zane turns around, "Syrus." Syrus saw you come into view and he said, "Y/N has her head in the clouds again." Zane questions, "Is she always like that?" Syrus shakes his head, "She may not seem like it, but Y/N is really smart."

You look at book in your hand and keep walking. Lyna said, "Y/N, you're going to bump into someone if you keep doing that." Right when Lyna said that, you fall to the ground. You groan, "Ugh...Lyna was right." You look up to meet the eyes of Zane and Syrus Truesdale. You rub the back of your neck, "Oh hey guys. Guess I should look where I'm going..." Zane kept a straight face and clears his throat, "Anyways, are you alright?" "Geez...this guy is so emotionless." "Don't say that Dharc! He might hear you!" "Hiita, he can't hear us..." You nod, "Yeah I'm fine. Just deep in thought, I guess." Syrus asked, "What are you reading?" Zane was a bit surprised when he saw the book, "Ancient Myths and Legends?" You explain, "My parents are historians and help archaeologists in their digs by giving them background information on the legend itself." You add, "They're always busy so I rarely ever got to spend time with them. They always tell me stories about their adventures..." You trail off for a moment before continuing, "They tell me stories about their adventures and they tell me interesting facts about the people in the legends." Aussa and Dharc both groan in annoyance. Zane asked, "Where are your parents now, Y/N?" You were about to answer until you suddenly felt your vision go dark. "Guess who?" You said, "Jesse, seriously!" Jesse pouts and remarks, "C'mon Y/N, quit bein' such a spoilsport." Zane mutters to Syrus, "Come on Sy, we can catch up with them later." Syrus nods in confusion.