Chapter 16 (Part 2)

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter. I had a lot of fun writing it.

You knew what was at stake. You knew...you just knew that you had to stay strong. It wasn't just for your sake....it was also for the sake of the academy.

****A few years ago****

You were on your knees, large tears fell out of your eyes. The older kids laughed, "Haha! Who wants to be friends with a freak like you? You're just a big crybaby with no talent!" You continued to look down until two voices spoke up. "She's not a freak, she's a way nicer person than you are!" "Pick on someone your own size, jerk!" Your e/c eyes look up to see two girls your age who gave the older kids a nasty look. Their eyes widen and they stammer, "W-We're s-sorry!" They run off in response to their scary expressions. They run up to you and help you stand.

That was the first time you realized that you were not alone.

****Flashback over****

Your mind was occupied with the chaos sought before your eyes. No words would come out of your mouth, this worried Syrus—who in all honesty—was hiding behind your back. To be honest, you were internally trembling because of the situation itself. Your body refused to move, the trembles of the words Castoria had spoken before was still poisoning you.

Syrus knew...he knew that you were struggling. Why couldn't he reassure you? The words he wanted to speak were stuck in his throat, crying to be spoken. He couldn't, no....he shouldn't feel like an obstacle. So why did he feel this way?

Alexis searched high and low. However, there was no sign of the creatures that wished to raise harm to her peers. She knew that it was some kind of trap....no....it IS a trap. Alexis had to take the risk though, it wasn't only her life that was in danger...the lives of her classmates were at stake as well. Alexis looked around, "There's no point in sulking...I should keep looking."

Jesse was desperate. Not only was he desperate to find you, he wanted to get rid of Castoria before she could anymore psychological damage to you. Jesse's heart almost shattered at the thought. The thought of you with Castoria alone made him shake in anger. Not only did it make him angry....it made him worry more about your wellbeing.

You body moved like a ghost that stayed still for eternal life. Syrus asked, "Y/N? Y/N...?" He pokes your side, which makes you snap out of your daze. You ask, "W-What....?" Syrus shakes his head, "It's nothing, I just wanted to make sure you were okay." You were lying through your teeth. Even Wynn knew that, Kamui watched his cousin with worried eyes.

Jaden ran after Jesse. He knew how possessive he was when it came to you. You were the only person other than Jaden himself he really opened up to. "If you're that worried about him, leave him be." That was what Yubel had said to Jaden earlier that day. He shook his head and looked to the skies. It was as if they were kissed with the taste of despair. It was one thing to see it in the skies....it was another to experience it first hand.

Syrus stutters and screams, "U-Uh....Y/N...ProfessorCastoriaissomewherehereandI'mafraid!!" You said, "Syrus, you're talking way too fast. Take a deep breath and speak slower." Syrus nods and repeats himself, "Professor Castoria is here somewhere and I'm afraid!" The poor guy was clutching to you as if it was his last day on earth. Lyna face palms, "He's worse than Wynn's cousin..." Hiita butted in, "No kidding! That little guy gets scared so easily." Lyna replies, "You're one to talk, Fireball..." Dharc came between both of them, "Don't fight, idiot. Do you want to start another unneeded fight?" They both went silent.

Not only were you afraid of Castoria, you were afraid of your own thoughts. You couldn't help but think of Jesse. You kept thinking about how you got him into this situation. You repeatedly blamed yourself for all the times you hurt Jesse's own heart. In all honesty, you hated yourself for it.