Chapter 15

note: E/N - Egyptian name. Also, I know that this is really weird but I kind of wanted a backstory on how far Jesse's love with Y/N went back. Before you get confused, Jahan is Jesse's Egyptian counterpart. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

All you could hear were screams. Screams of despair, pain...every negative emotion you could think of. "Please help me!"

You perspire profusely, refusing to believe what you just saw. Jesse slept soundly beside you. "Something wrong?" You placed your hand over your racing heart. You whisper, "It's more than that, Aussa. I keep hearing a voice." "Mmmmm....Y/N?" Aussa quickly vanishes when Jesse groans. You see Jesse turn and face you. He sleepily asked, "Why are ya up so early? It's like one in the mornin'." You come face to face with Jesse's bare chest. Your cheeks become a light cerise at the sight. Jesse motions to you in the darkness, "C'mere." You lay your head on his chest. He strokes your hair, "You've been so quiet lately. Is something wrong?" A clap of thunder answers the question as you clutch on to Jesse in fright. He continues to stroke your hair, "It's alright. I'm right here, gem." He adds, "I didn't know that you were afraid of thunderstorms." The lights suddenly flicker on and you almost scream. Right before your eyes stood a woman who looked exactly like you. Her transparent figure shone in the night aura. "Be cautious, Y/N." The woman spoke gently, "Be not afraid, young maiden. I am a spirit that wishes to bring peace to this world." Jesse was spooked, "That's just creepy." The spirit chuckles, "Do not be alarmed, young one. I only wish to warn you about someone." The female spirit continues, "There is someone among this world that wishes to bring harm to your loved ones." "Y/N..." You said, "Wynn..." The female spectre goes on, "I'm afraid that there is not much time left before destruction comes upon this world. This woman speaks ill of those who go against her and brings out the darkness that is buried deep in their hearts. She possesses a power greater than what humans carry. Be wary of this, young maiden." She vanishes into the night skies before you could begin to question her further.

The next morning, the words of the female spirit were still sinking into your mind. Jesse had gone off to do something for Professor Crowler. You mumble to yourself, "What does this all mean?" Wynn wore a look of confusion herself, "That's what I'd like to know myself. What did she mean by "power greater than what humans carry"? It doesn't make any sense to me." You reply, "I don't know who that spirit was talking about however, it doesn't seem to be good for anyone." Wynn asked, "Y/N do you think that this is connected to Castoria?" You reply with a grimace, "I don't know, Wynn but it could be a possibility."

Jesse couldn't shake away the feeling that the spirit gave off the previous night. He mutters, "Is that lady connected to everything?" He looks to his empty hands before consulting Jaden on the issue at hand.

Before you knew it, the due date for the assignment you dreaded had arrived. Thankfully, you did not have to present it but it didn't shake away the insecurity you felt. You suspected that there was more to this than just plain homework. "I'm thinking the same thing, Y/N. I suspect that Castoria is hiding something underneath that smile." Wynn spoke as if she was stating a fact. A student put their hand up, "Professor, what is this for anyway?" Professor Castoria smiles, "I just want to get to know my lovely students better that's all." You huff quietly, not believing the lies that escaped her. All you could think of were the female spectre's passing words. It only heightened the insecurity that welled up inside of your body.

Jaden was shocked when Jesse told him of the sight he witnessed the previous night. Jaden said, "Hold up a sec, Jesse. Why would some random spirit enter Y/N's dorm without any explanation?" Jesse exhales deeply, "I don't know, Jay. I'm more worried about Y/N more than anything. What if Castoria really is behind everything? I don't know what I would do if anything happened to Y/N." Jaden stayed silent, not knowing what he should say to calm his friend's nerves.