Chapter 12

All your classmates were sick with worry. Jaden began to suspect that there was more to this than just a devastating fire. "Jaden! Jaden can you hear me?!" Jaden's ears perk up when he heard the distant voice. Jaden spoke quietly, "Neos, Yubel....did you guys hear that?" Neos spoke gravely, "Yes, I did hear that cry. It sounds like a spirit is in grave danger." Yubel nodded, "Yes, I'd say that it would have to be someone we know." Out from the soot and fire came Wynn the Wind Charmer. Wynn shook with fear, "Please...please help." She suddenly collapsed, causing Petit Dragon to nudge her repeatedly. Neos asked, "Little one, where is your mistress?" Petit Dragon cooed desperately, "Tii...tii." "Petit..you shouldn't wander off like that." Aussa the Earth Charmer looked to the dragon before tending to her friend. Jaden murmurs, "I'm going to try and get out of here." Jaden spoke up, "Hey guys, I'm going to grab some bandages for everyone. I'll only be a second." Alexis nods, "Be careful, Jay."

Meanwhile, you were whisked away to an unknown part of the spirit world. You ask, "Why is the spirit world filled with such despair?" Professor Castoria replies with a smirk, "This is the part where all the spirits of the shadows thrive. I'll be surprised if you survive this duel without a scratch." "Y/N, Wynn is hurt." You said, "Aussa, get Dharc and Lyna to look after her. I think she deserves a break." You look at her and ball up your fists. Oh Jesse...I'm sorry...I'm sorry that you got caught up in my mess. "Y/N!" You were in shock, "Jaden?!" Jaden remarks in a carefree tone, "Well looks like I'm not the only one here then."  Aussa and Hiita both keep back their urge to scold the Slifer duelist. You tell Jaden about what had happened before he arrived.

Meanwhile, Jesse was trapped inside a maze. He calls out, "Hello? Y/N? Where are ya, little gem?" "To reach your loved one, escape this maze." Jesse rolls up sleeves, "Well that ain't a hard thing to do."  Jesse stopped when he saw a mirage of him with you. He touches the invisible barrier and whispers, "Y/N..."

Back in reality, you were coming to grip with the situation you were in. You quietly speak, "I can't do this, Jaden. I can't...I can't save Jesse. I have no chance of winning against Castoria." You add, "I can't even protect Wynn and she's injured because of me." You hear Lyna say, "Wynn! You shouldn't be moving so much!" Wynn said, "Y/N..stop. I chose to put my life before your own. It's like how Jesse puts his life in danger in order to save you. You are strong, you have to believe in yourself and believe in your deck." You look at her once more before you give Jaden a look of uncertainty. Jaden just nodded, no words were spoken.

Back in the unknown maze, Jesse began to feel less and less hopeful. He could feel his footsteps become heavier with every step he took. Jesse realized that he was going in an endless circle. He lets out a huff, "I'm not gettin' anywhere. There has to be some kind of exit somewhere." Jesse stops when he saw another clear image of you. He sprinted toward the image with a head start. However, the image began to get farther and farther away from the Crystal Beast wielder.

Professor Castoria remarks, "Move it, you useless creature!" Lemon Magician Girl hides behind Dark Magician, "S-Scary! That woman has no sense of patience!" You shield yourself from the abrupt breeze that came your way. The breeze proved to be more dominant as you tumble to the ground. The wind only became stronger with every attempt you gave of avoiding it. Castoria smirks, "That's right! Lie there! Lie there like the useless human you are!"

Jesse heard a nasty voice speak, "That's right! Lie there! Lie there like the useless human you are!" Jesse's eyes are full of anger when he notices you lying there, nearly motionless. He calls out, "Y/N! Y/N, don't you dare give in to them!" Jesse punches the barrier, "Damn! She can't hear me! I'm a sitting duck in this maze!" He puts his hand on the barrier, "Y/N...stay strong. I...I can't lose you."