Chapter 38

Andy POV

Honestly, right now I hate being ill. Its 3am and I can't get back to sleep, Skye is asleep for once and I don't want to wake her up. Sitting up I sigh as I begin to cough again, my throat hurts, I'm bunged up and I want this cold to go away. That and I'm freezing one minute to hot the next. Glancing at Skye I debated waking her or leaving her to sleep, I went with the former, gently shaking her I whispered "Skye..."

God my throat, and voice was going, she turned saw me awake and mumbled "What's up?"

"My throat hurts," I croaked.

She got out of bed in just her pyjamas and went out, I heard voices next door from Rye and Liv's room, Skye came back through using her phone as a torch she laced her fingers with mine and pulled me up off the bed. And then we went downstairs to the lounge, I glanced at her as she switched a lamp on "You don't need-"

"I'll be fine," she chuckled, "you on the other hand won't be,"

I sighed "Skye, it's a cold."

"No speaking, you're losing your voice." she snapped.

I flinched slightly at the harshness, and then she came over "Sorry babe, I just can't sleep at the moment, keep having nightmares. But seriously no talking love,"

I looked at her then flicked my gaze down to her lips, and back to her eyes, smiling she said "Maybe, if you try and get some sleep."

At that I pouted, I've been rendered voiceless because my throat is sore and I'm losing my voice, and I'm ill and now I'm being deprived of her kisses. Unfair doesn't begin to cover it. Skye chuckled and kissed me lightly, a mere brush of the lips then said "I'll be back, I need to make tea."

Grabbing my phone I texted her, she glanced at her phone and smirked at me saying nothing else she went into the kitchen. It was pitch black outside, and freezing, she reappeared with the duvet and wrapped it round me. I sighed heavily, chuckling she kissed my cheek "You can talk when you wake up later, but for now, don't. Here's your tea,"

Passing me a mug she then flicked the TV onto something and went over to the books still sat in their piles on the floor. Finishing the tea I set it down on the side table and watched her as she sorted through them all, with her books, she was at her happiest and there was something so content in the way she worked. Smiling I realised I was crying, watching her, this girl who had had to climb out of the dirt so many times still smiled, laughed and could be happy even after everything she endured. Closing my eyes the last thing I remember was the lamp being switched off and the duvet being lifted, Skye whispered "I love you."

Rye POV

Going downstairs with Liv, Brook also surfaced and Mikey, Jack of course asleep. Liv raised a brow as we walked into the lounge to find Andy and Skye asleep on the sofa.

"Sunshines," Liv sang, laughing when Andy said "Go to hell Liv. I'm tired."

"Awww bless," Liv cackled, "Skye get up,"

Skye grumbled something, Liv sighed "Fine, but when the girls get here, you two are gonna be teased relentlessly."

"Why? Cause we're snuggling?" Andy snorted shifting, Skye yelped and tumbled off onto the floor, groaning she said "Liv...wake me when its night time."

Liv raised a brow, just as a voice yelled "HONEY WE'RE HOME!"

"Do you secretly live here?" I laughed as Maddie and Kat walked in.

Kat smirked "No we just love annoying trouble one and trouble two. Demi's gone to see Jack, which will be interesting later. Megs in your kitchen,"