Everything Stays With You

Hey. You guys know that one rule?

Like, the one mentioned in the Bible or something like that. The one where it says the sins humans commit or whatever. Yeah, well, one of them says to always love your mother and father---no matter what.

Yeah. So, I broke that rule.

I absolutely despise my father.

But you know what I hate even more?

The fact that I can't actually fight back.

School bullies? Sure, they're easy to hit back. Assholes on the internet who no longer let you say your opinion? Yeah, they're more than likely some twelve-year-old who hates being told otherwise. An incensed villain(the amateur villains, like, the ones who literally don't have any good combat skills and they're evil for the sake of being evil) yeah, they're not too hard either.

But an alcoholic and abusive father, count me out.

Continuously, beats my mother, my little brother, me.

And that's probably my only fear. My own damn father.

A lot of people, when they haven't actually experienced this kind of shit, they say 'fight back' (my personal favorite) or 'walk away.' It's not that easy.

Do you know how many times I've showed up at school with bruises, on my arms, legs, face, sometimes even my hands. Same goes for my little brother, Haru. And my mother.

Truly, I wish for someone, anyone, to help us. Teachers, counselors, neighbors. All have checked in. Some cases even came to our damn place.

Each time, I've wanted to say something. A cry. A 'help me.' A scream. But no avail. The only thing we ever say is 'we're fine. Or, 'she tripped while running.' It's always the same damn excuse.

This is my story. The one in which I meet people. People who supported me. People who helped me tell what was happening to me at home. People who genuinely care.

An explosive asshole who low key does give a shit. A bubbly, gravity chick who slowly became my first best friend. A half-and-half boy whom I could relate to on a certain level. An uptight glasses-wearing yet hilarious tall guy whose quirk goes "drrr" whenever it's in use. The one guy who is the only father figure in my life who spends what I can assume most of his life in a yellow sleeping bag, looking like a caterpillar.

There are many others, too. My entire class, is what I'm trying to say.

But there's one guy. One who started this train wreck. And my old self hated to admit, that I was falling for him. A plain looking kid, save for his hair color, of course. A former quirkless, to number hero. My hero.

And this is my story. The one where I become a hero and find my own.