xcviii.

̶ ̶  xcviii. SOON.

with words, a poet tries to show you how there is a difference between pain that hurts you and pain that never leaves you and in the midst of it all, she tries her best to incorporate that even with bad days that still follow her, she no longer tries to scream for help but instead find her own way out of the agony that still drowns her bones in acid and she hopes you understand that even with it all, the good and the bad, days will come that will leave you breathless in ways you never imagined yourself feeling and the cavity of your chest will no longer feel as empty and as heavy as it did the morning before.

you will find your toes buried in the warmth of sun kissed sand, the blue of the ocean will not remind you of sadness but of glory. each wave will represent everything you have conquered up until this point.

you will tilt your head back, your arms will lift off your sides, and as your rib cage expands, you will feel the beat of your heart kissing the bones that are full of forgiveness and peace even if they have been carved in hatred and jealousy for so long.

soon,
you will be okay.

[ please listen to these words carefully,
i wouldn't be alive today if i wasn't living
proof of it all. ]