xciv.

̶ ̶ xciv. CANNONBALLS INTO FOUR FEET DEEP POOLS.

your mind stretched to infinity with god in the balls of your feet and i swore i saw your shadow dance as you stood still. i couldn't believe how much my veins ran cold as it heard the sound of your voice shout my name from down the hall and how quickly i spun around to greet you with a crooked smile because here you were still talking to me and calling for me even after all i've done. i began to get lost in the thought of us, diving into deep ends that turned into shallow water the second i jumped off the board yet sometimes you were there to catch me.

sometimes,
you were not.

those were the moments that i would return home with a bump the size of a golf ball on the side of my head and my mother would stitch her brows together only to ask what happened and i'd always reply with your name.

and how deeply i had fallen for it,
fallen for you.

and even though you might have not been there to catch me, you were always there to kiss the purple splotch well. you'd pull away, ask me if i felt better.

i never hesitated to say yes and how i should return to you with more scratches just to feel your lips pressed to my skin.

it wasn't long until they met mine.

from there on, you were always in the shallow water 
and i'm no longer afraid to jump.