"Aren't you happy Sara? Last time I checked, in Milan, you kept throwing yourself at every rich guy as if you needed them to breathe until you saw me. Be happy, you got what you asked for, a credit card to keep up with your expenses" Alex seethed and walked away leaving me speechless.

With mixed emotions, I went back to my room, why would Sara do that?

Sara had no money problems, ever.

A lone tear slipped down my eyes but I was quick to wipe it.

Life is back to what it has always been and with that thought, I headed inside the huge building that I now call home.

After some time Maya called me from the kitchen, sighing I went to the kitchen. Maya stood near the table looking lost.

She's always so bubbly!

"what's wrong?" I ask her and she looked up her face still lost "I-I need to go, my son got into a minor accident so I need to go. Alex is sleeping so I did not feel like waking him up but I-I need to leave and I know it's your birthday today but-." Maya rambled.

I've never seen her look so stressed.

"Hey, calm down. You can go and don't take so much stress. It's a minor accident as you said and my birthday comes around every year." I tried calming Maya down, "t-the d-d-dinner?" she asked "don't worry; the dinner is on me tonight. Go and keep calm" with that Maya looked up at me as though saying a small thank you "you're an Angel, Sara, I-I know it's your birthday and I didn't even make the cake and I'm spoiling it all for you-"

I wrapped my hands around Maya just how Mary would when I felt scared.

Mary hugged me back and then rushed out of the house while I sent a silent prayer hoping her son to be in good condition.

Finally looking around the kitchen, I realized that I should start making dinner. Heading over to the fridge I lookout all the ingredients available and made up my mind.

So pizza it is!

After half an hour I had all the vegetables out and cut into small pieces as well as the pizza dough ready.

Perfect, let's start decorating.

Just when I started rolling out the pizza dough Alex came to the kitchen, he saw me but straight off ignored me.

I kept my eyes down.

"Where is Maya?" he asked after a few seconds, "h-her son got into a minor accident " the moment I finished my sentence Alex took out his phone and called Maya asking her which hospital her son was in.

Once he was done talking to Maya, he called up the hospital Maya's son was admitted in and asked the department to draw all the expenses from his account.

The whole time I kept staring at Alex.

It's like Alex has two sides one, which only wanted to help his loved ones and the other which wants to cause pain?

I don't know, Alex is a different story entirely.

I've never seen someone like him, but again, I hardly know twenty people.

Finally, after making the call Alex looked at me "you're making pizza?" he asked and I nodded, "fine, I'll make us some drink." With that, he started collecting up the ingredients.

I don't think he's going to beat me, he never does.

He's usually very quiet and calculating, and then all of a sudden, he's all smiles.

I started placing the chopped vegetables on the pizza but the onion hurts my eyes so before realization hit me, I started rubbing my eyes, and my contact lens fells down.