"Four," I confirmed. It had taken me four years to work up the courage to do this.

He sat back, "It took you four years to come back to me. I would complain, but in here, I have all the time in the world to wait for you."

"You're never getting out of here," I said to him confidently. "Not as long as I live."

Adam's smugness wore off as he noticed the ring that I had been unconsciously twisting around my finger. "Y-You- is that an engagement ring?"

I looked down at my left hand before looking back up at him, "Yes."

He leaned over the table towards me and looked more closely at my hand. "And a wedding band?"

My eyes trailed up to his, "Yes."

2 years ago...

"C'mon cucumber! We're going to be late for our dinner reservation!"

"I'm coming!" I called back as I quickly picked up a pair of red heels and ran out of the bedroom. I held one side of my red dress as I skipped down the stairs. "Hunter?" I asked as I reached the last step. "Where are-"

I tripped on a box.

As my body fell backward, I was quickly caught by someone.

"Still as clumsy as ever," I heard Hunter chuckle in my ear as he held onto my waist. "You really have to watch where you're going."

"You said that you'd take care of the boxes down here," I huffed. "How would I know that you wouldn't and I'd trip on them?"

"Maybe that was just all part of my scheme so I could hold you just like that," Hunter said as he helped me stand on my own feet again.

"You almost gave me a concussion," I muttered.

Another chuckle escaped Hunter, "I'm sorry." He pouted, "Forgive me?"

"When you clean these boxes up," I sighed. "You're only half-forgiven for now."

He groaned, "But putting things away is so boring! Why did we have to move again?"

"It was your idea," I reminded him. "You wanted us to design a home together, and that's what we did." I gazed around the place and smiled; it was a good feeling to be able to finally see the thing that you had been planning and creating for so long come to life.

He hugged me from behind, "I could have just hired an interior decorator."

"But then it wouldn't make this place feel personal anymore," I said back.

He pecked the crook of my neck, "Anything is personal as long as I'm with you."

I fake gagged, "Too cheesy Hunter. Way too cheesy."

He laughed and let go of me. "Alright, sorry. Moving on," he said examining me from head to toe. "You look beautiful tonight- well you do every night if I'm being honest; and every day. You ready to leave?"

"Definitely," I said, slipping on my heels. "Where are we going anyways?"

He poked my cheek, "That's a surprise, cucumber."

Opening the door for me, we walked into the cool night's breeze. Bill was there in the driveway, parked with his limo. As he saw us approach, he smiled. "Good evening, Ms. Flores."

"Hi Bill," I smiled back at him. Even after three years of knowing him, he still addressed me professionally.

He opened the car door and helped me in before Hunter sat down next to me. As the limo went into motion, I glanced at Hunter who was blankly staring out of the window. "Are you alright?"