Chapter 26 - Unwanted Proposals and Holiday Cheer

Merry Christmas lovelies! Hope you guys are all having fun! As promised, here is a little Christmas special. The next two weeks will probably be filled with updates seeing as though I'm on break so look our for that! <3

There isn't really anything else to say other than I wish you all a wonderful time no matter what you are celebrating :)

As always, I hope you enjoy this chapter, ignore any typos as I will be correcting them sooner or later (I Procrastinate a lot alright? lol) Remember to vote, comment and share this story and I'll see you at the end of this chapter!

Song- Rocking Around The Christmas Tree

~Jessica

"Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!"

― Dr. Seuss, How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

******************************************************

"Hmmm, this is weird," Jordan mumbled as the two of us walked into the cafeteria.

"What's weird?" I asked placing my meal onto one of the tables as Jordan sat down in front of me.

"Well I mean, Mr. Blackthorne never decorates the building for Christmas but it seems as though this year, he went all out."

I looked around the room and examined all the ribbons and bows that were strung along the ceiling. There were wreaths everywhere and a Christmas tree by the garbage can, "I don't know," I said sipping my Caramel Macchiato and sighing as the flavor invaded my mouth. Hunter had finally brought the drinks back and I was taking full advantage of it. It was like my early Christmas present from him. "Maybe he changed his mind this year."

Jordan nodded in agreement and took a bite out of his sandwich. Most of his cuts and bruises had finally healed and he seemed to be back to normal. "What happened? It's like he stayed here overnight and decorated the whole place, he left nowhere undecorated; all twenty floors are decorated from head to toe. Even the bathroom stalls are ornamented with little jingle bells!"

I laughed and shook my head, "Damn, I didn't think he would go that far..." I murmured. Last night, Hunter had insisted that he go and decorate the whole building seeing as the next day would be Christmas Eve. I'm pretty sure it was for his own entertainment seeing as though he had so much fun decorating the rest of the mansion that he had forbidden me to do anything to help.

Likewise, the mansion looked pretty similar to the building. After he had finished decorating his own home, he had decided to take a trip to a few Christmas stores to buy some décor for the company. At first I thought he was only going to buy a few wreaths or something but he came back with what looked like a store's worth of holiday decorations.

I had offered to go with him to help with the decorations but he refused saying that he wanted to do it himself

He didn't come back for the whole night and at first, I was worried that something had happened to him. The next morning, Bill came over to pick me up and only seemed to try and conceal a laugh when I asked where Hunter was.

"I'll let you see for yourself," Bill smiled before driving away.

I reached the twentieth floor and when I opened the door to Hunter's office, I found him lying on the couch tangled in lights sleeping.

I tried my best to get the lights off without waking him up and then covered him with his suit jacket as a makeshift blanket.

As far as I knew, he was still there sleeping the day away.