Chapter 11 - Roses Are Red...

Hello everybody! Here is a new chapter of Chasing After The PA! I'm finally back to normal and I have decided to post a new chapter every Friday. So there will always be a new chapter on that day. There may be chapters posted on other days but Friday will be definite. Anyways, I'd like to thank you for over 400 reads! It felt like yesterday when I thanked you for 300.

Thank you again, and enjoy this chapter. <3

Song- Troye Sivan, Fools

~Jessica

You didn't love her. You just didn't want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was just good for your ego. Or, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn't love her. Because you don't destroy people you love.

-Grey's Anatomy

-----------------------

In front of me sat four, very familiar faces all staring back at me with suspicious looks.

"Sit," they all spoke simultaneously in the most serious tone they could muster up which wasn't exactly menacing.

I placed my hand on my hip and flicked on the light switch causing them all to groan from the brightness. I then pulled up a chair in front of them and sat down. "Ok, who's plan was this?" I asked. As if on cue the three of them pointed at Jordan.

"Traitors," Jordan mumbled as he crossed his arms around his chest.

"I didn't want to do this in the first place," Gonzalez grumbled. "I just wanted an explanation on what I saw during your lunch break."

"Me too," Beckett agreed.

"He told me that he would bring me to Sephora if I played along," Becca shrugged pointing to Jordan.

I felt my chest tighten. Could I really lie to the four people that I cared about the most and only cared about? Gonzalez was a second father to me after my parents died and Beckett was my third. Becca was my best friend and a sister to me, the one who helped me throughout my entire life and Jordan? Well I've known Jordan for about two weeks now but I felt as though we've known each other for longer. The point was that everyone who was gathered here on the couch in front of me were people who I cared about too much to betray. Would I really lie to them for the sake of keeping my relationship with Hunter as real as possible? It would only be a year and then I could tell them the truth.

I had to keep this facade up if I wanted it to be believable, and that meant lying to them. I took a deep breath. "I really don't know how to break the news to you actually," I was surprised at how easy it was for me to say that. All those drama classes had paid off but at that moment, I wished that I had never taken them. "Um... I'm dating." I cringed and stared at the four pairs of eyes in front of me.

Becca was the first to react. She jumped up from her seat and came to hug me. "Oh my gosh Payton! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" I wrapped my arms around her as well and hugged her back tightly.

Both Beckett and Jordan were smiling widely. "Wow, who's the lucky guy?" Jordan asked giving me a toothy grin. "Yeah, who is it Pay?" Beckett asked calling me by my nickname.

Becca still had her arms secured around me and her head burrowed into my neck. That's when I noticed Gonzalez staring at me with a raised eyebrow. "Who might this lucky gentleman be?" he asked giving me a suspicious look.

"I don't think you'll like my answer," I said quietly.

"What do you mean?" Jordan asked.

"Well, I'm dating... Hunter." The room went silent for a second.