Chapter 1 - Interview

Song - Gary Portnay, Where Everybody Knows Your Name 

~jessica

"When I was a little girl I used to read fairy tales. In fairy tales you meet Prince Charming and he's everything you ever wanted. In fairy tales the bad guy is very easy to spot. The bad guy is always wearing a black cape so you always know who he is. Then you grow up and you realize that Prince Charming is not as easy to find as you thought. You realize the bad guy is not wearing a black cape and he's not easy to spot; he's really funny, and he makes you laugh, and he has perfect hair."

-Taylor Swift

--------------------------------

+Payton's POV+

I looked at myself in the mirror checking myself one last time.

This needs to be perfect, I needed this job.

Today, I was going for an interview at Blackthorne Enterprises.

I had heard from Becca that it was a very successful business in New York.

Being quite frank, I probably had a very slim chance of actually getting hired considering that I only had experience as a waitress but it was worth a shot, right?

I looked at my reflection in the mirror, pulling my skirt down a bit to cover up my knees, and adjusted my blouse before heading out of my apartment.

"Taxi! Taxi!" I yelled trying to get a driver's attention. Once I finally got a driver to stop, I quickly told him where to go and he began to drive.

Dang, I should have got out earlier, I thought staring at my wristwatch seeing that the time was already 3:30pm.

There was no way in hell I'd be getting there on time.

I finally arrived at 4:10pm, and rushed inside, already 10 minutes late.

"Hi, I'm looking for Mr.Blackthorne" I said to the secretary at the front desk.

Looking up from her screen, the secretary smiled and answered. "Right this way madam," She got up from her seat and gestured for me to follow her over to the elevator.

Once we arrive into the elevator, the secretary told me to head to the 20th floor then quickly got off, and went back to the front desk.

Once the elevator doors closes, nervousness suddenly rushed over me.

In a few minutes, I'm going to be interviewed by one of the most successful and hottest man alive. Oh God, I'm not ready. I'm never going to be ready for this, but I'm here.

I took a few more deep breaths before the elevator door opened.

While walking out, another woman stormed past me muttering curse words under her breath.

The secretary there noticed my presence, and instructed me to wait in one of the seats until my name was called. I sat at one of the chairs in the corner of the room trying to not attract too much attention.

While waiting, I looked up, and scanned the room.

There were about fifteen other women all dressed up with all sorts of dresses, and makeup fit for a drag queen. In no way, did they seem remotely here for a job; but they were still as beautiful as ever.

Is this what Mr.Blackthorne looks for? All these women are gorgeous compared to me.

My mind races back to these thoughts again. Confidence had never really been a strong attribute for me; which was why my anxiousness began to kick up a notch, and I began to sweat.