Chapter 12 - Still A Better Love Story Than Twilight

Hey guys and welcome back to another chapter of Chasing After The PA! This is quite a short chapter because I didn't have a lot of time to write this week but I promise that the next chapter will make up for it. Anyways, I still hope you enjoy this part, and I'll see you again very soon :)

Song- Radiohead, Creep

~Jessica

"Because, if you could love someone, and keep loving them, without being loved back . . . then that love had to be real. It hurt too much to be anything else." 

― Sarah Cross, Kill Me Softly

-----------------------------------------

"He sent you flowers?" Becca asked once I had come home.

"Yeah," I sighed rubbing my eyes. I was exhausted and collapsed on the couch.

"Don't worry Payton, we'll find him sooner or later and when we do, I'm going to be the first one to beat his ass," Becca growled rubbing her hands together.

"Can we please just talk about something else? I really don't want to think about that right now," I groaned.

"Ok, fine I'm sorry, let's talk about you moving in with that hot boyfriend of yours tomorrow," she smirked.

"Becca!"

"Look, while your two bodyguards are asleep, I get to talk about anything I want and what I want to talk about is a certain Hunter Blackthorne."

"Come on Becca I'm tired. It's four in the morning I have to get up in like three hours to move in with him could you please just let me rest?"

"He really loves you doesn't he?" she smiled, sitting down on the couch and putting my feet on her lap.'

"I don't know," I said.

I do, and it's that he doesn't.

"You really are that unobservant aren't you?" I raised an eyebrow at her as a way of asking her to explain what she meant. "He willingly stayed with you for hours to comfort you. If you saw the way he looked at you tonight when he dropped you off, you'd believe me. The way his eyes seemed to twinkle when he walked you to our door. The way his mouth curved up into a small smile when you said goodbye. But then, there was a hint of sadness in his face when you turned around after saying goodbye. As if there was something that he wanted to say but knew that he couldn't. What is it Payton? What are you holding back from him?"

"Since when did you become a love expert?" I joked.

"Since I've watched The Notebook eleventy-thousand times and cried each time?"

"And that somehow makes you qualified?"

"Still a better love story than twilight," she shrugged. "You know, whoever your boyfriend hired to be my bodyguard better be hot."

"Becca," I groaned.

"What? I deserve it! I've been living with you for two years and not to be rude, but you're a total cockblock!" Becca complained. "I mean sure you're hot, but you don't roll that way."

"And you do? Would you sleep with me if I allowed you to?" I laughed.

"No! That'd be wrong, you're like a sister to me. I just mean, It's about time since I got some," she winked. I chuckled and shook my head. "No offense but I'm kinda glad that you're moving out."

"Why?" I grinned. "Getting bored of me?"

"Never," she smiled. "It's just, I'm happy that you're finally moving on, you know?"