Chapter 4 - A Date With A Familiar Face

Hey Guys! So before we start this chapter I wanted to just thank you for over 100 reads!

This chapter is a little shorter than the others but I'm just kinda tired right now to keep on writing and I wanted to get something out for you. (It's currently 5am in the morning and I've been writing since 10pm...) I'm kind of going crazy.... *Starts running around my room screaming*

But, I think I'll go to bed now and leave you with this chapter.

Song - Taylor Swift, Ready For It

~Jessica

*****

You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares. To deny is to invite madness. To accept is to control.
-Megan Chance, The Spiritualist

---------------------------------------------

+Payton's POV+

He unearthed a part of me that I had spent so long trying to bury.

But just like someone one once told me, you can keep as quiet as you like, but one of these days, someone is going to find you.

I guess I just never thought it would be this soon.

I came home from work crying.

Becca was trying to comfort me by feeding me ice cream and flipping off my boss for the past hour. I couldn't really blame him though, he didn't know anything about him.

As a matter of fact, no one knew other than Becca.

My parents died in a car crash when I was sixteen. 

I had no siblings.

None of my relatives were close to me.

And the one person I thought I could trust and love hurt me.

Becca's family took care of me when my parents passed away. They treated me as if I were their actual child. I didn't want to be a burden so when my boyfriend at the time, Adam offered to let me live with him, I hastily accepted.

I was young, naïve and so in love at the time.

Adam was my everything at the time. But he changed once I moved in.

At first it was just him freaking out if I didn't wash the dishes or take out the trash, then it became abusive.

He would come home from work everyday and check the whole house to see if it was perfect. I had to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner, do all the chores and go grocery shopping. If he found any faults, he would beat me.

I never told anybody because... Well, I was still in love with him.

Eventually Becca became suspicious. She asked me why I wouldn't come visit her as often and the truth was, because I didn't want her to see my bruises. I didn't want to drag her into a mess that I created.

I never allowed her to come visit, I always made up an excuse to why she couldn't come.

But one day, when I was in the middle of an argument with him, she arrived and saw him slap me.

Becca didn't even think twice about kneeing him in the groin then dragging me out of his house and speeding away.

"Your boss is such a jerk. Ugh, he should stop thinking himself as hot, the only thing he can turn on is an oven!" I burst out laughing, she always knew how to make me feel better.

I hugged her, "Oh, Becs, you know just how to make me smile! I owe you so much."

"You only owe me one thing Payton, and that is to not allow your ass of a boss get to you, and get your pretty ass up right now, you have a date with Jordan in an hour and you haven't gotten ready yet!"