Demina

Five hours until Halloween

As Demina forced her eyes away from the last dissolving remnants of Grigorio, the lover whose corpse she'd used to poison the water, a bat shot out of the water, dropping the Monster Man's knife into her hand. The leather grip squished beneath her fingers, having been damaged from prolonged submersion. Around her, the turned citizens of Auradon arrived by the thousands, the facility becoming a virtual castle. Castle Dracul exists in Romania, Demina told herself. Castle Demina now stands in Auradon.
"Hey, Batgirl" a shrill female voice called out to her. Demina turned to see a head of purple hair standing there, cross-armed.
"What do you want, child, and how can it be of service to me?" she asked.
"Do not call me child" Mal said.
"What is your name, then?"
"Maleficent Sprike. Just… call me Mal."
"Well, then. What do you want, Mal, and how can you be of service to me?"
"You'll wanna hear what I've got to say."
A grin formed on Demina's lips, her fangs showing.
"Come, then. We have much to discuss."

"Attention!" Demina cried. Her voice carried, such that her minions, or at least those who mattered, could hear. "Tonight, we will be having visitors. Included among them are two who have betrayed us! I want the city occupied and patrolled. If they are seen, I want to know where they are and where they are heading."
"What makes you think we'll tell you?"
Demina paused, and turned to head. Stepped out to oppose her was a rather gorgeous girl with brown hair and a pink dress.
"What is your name?" Demina asked as she approached.
"Audrey Rose Wilde" Audrey beamed with pride. "I know who's coming, and I'm not about to let you kill them off."
Demina smiled, then jammed her silver blade in between Audrey's ribs. She pulled her knife out as Audrey fell, dead instantly.
"That, my minions, is what makes me think you'll tell me. Anyone who opposes me will meet her fate. This includes the vampires who are well on their way. The two humans will be turned. Disperse!"

As Demina strung up Audrey's body (her twisted idea of a housewarming plant), Jay and Evie walked up and leaned on the wall next to her.
"They won't be easy to take down" Jay told her.
"If my minions fail me, then I will take care of them myself" Demina reminded him
"The girl you met in the cathedral" Evie said, which made Demina pause. "The one with the silver locks? She had this. Mal brought it, and you should take a look."
Demina took the book from Evie's hand, then flipped it. The calm demeanor gave way to rage as she read it.
"Why have you bothered me with this reminder!?" Demina demanded.
"Her name is Morgan" Jay explained. "The silver-haired girl."
"The one with the light magic, yes" Demina snapped. "What relevance does she bear on this situation?"
"The sorceress who trapped you?" Evie said while nodding at the book. "Morgan's her daughter."
Demina blinked a few times. "Your friend failed to mention this. She will be punished dearly, but there are currently more important matters at hand. If she is the daughter of Morgana, then her magic will be infused within her blood. This will make her impossible to turn. She is the key to their operation."
"Do we kill her?" Jay asked.
"No" Demina answered. "I want Morgan LeFaye to be alive, forced to watch as everything she's built in Auradon is taken from her by the darkness. I've seen her bleed, but now I want to watch her weep. And then I will finish her myself."
"With that?" Evie asked, pointing at the knife.
"Yes, child" Demina explained. "This knife was used to kill my father's father. My father kept it, in hopes that he could one day use it to kill the man who murdered his father, but I obtained it before he had a chance. I may not be using it to get revenge for my grandfather, but instead, I will use this blade to eradicate the bloodline responsible for trapping me on that island for all those years. And that, I believe, is even better."