Carlos

Carlos knocked frantically on Jane's door, his hood still up.
"Wha- Carlos?" Jane asked. Right as she began to open the door, though, Carlos pushed on it, keeping it closed save for the smallest of slivers.
"Are you alone?" Carlos asked.
"Yeah, Morgan's still at the cathedral. Why, what's wrong?"
When she confirmed that she was alone, Carlos threw the door open and entered, closing it behind me. His hands were shaking, the tips of his fingers shimmering red.
"I- I just- I don't know what happened" Carlos stuttered, scared out of his mind.
"Carlos, you're scaring me" Jane confessed. "First you miss class, then you don't answer any of my texts or calls, and now you show up at my door, going insane. What is going on?"
Carlos' breathing was heavy, his hands still shaking. Slowly, he lowered his hood. Jane wanted to scream when she saw the blood on his face.
"Call Morgan. Now" he told her as he sat in a corner, a full-blown panic attack setting in. Jane wasted no time in calling her roommate.

"Where is he?" Morgan asked as she walked in. Jane nodded to the corner, and Morgan walked over.
"Carlos? Carlos, look at me" she said. Carlos looked up, tears in his eyes.
"I killed a man" Carlos confessed. "I didn't mean to, I didn't want to, I just lost control, I can't believe I-"
"Carlos, focus!" Morgan snapped. Carlos nodded.
"When did you start feeling ill?" she asked.
"When I woke up this morning" he answered.
"What happened the night before? Anything noteworthy?"
"Where do you want me to start?"
"I know you went on a movie date with Jane. Start with you leaving the theater."
"Okay. So, we left the theater late, the movie ran long. We had to cut through the cemetery, and while we were in there, I got attacked by a bat."
"Did it bite you?"
He nodded, rolling up his sleeve to show her the two pinprick holes on his inner left forearm.
"Carlos... I don't know how to say this..."
"You've been turned, lad."

Everyone turned to see Harry Hook in the doorway.
"Who are you?" Jane demanded.
"Why are you here?" Carlos demanded.
"Why did you follow me?" Morgan demanded.
"The name's Harry, lass, I'm from the Isle" he told Jane, who went about as pale as Carlos. "I don't need to explain myself to you" he told Carlos. "I had no better place to go" he told Morgan. "But, if you really want to know-"
"Yes" all three of them answered I'm unison.
"Alright, fine. As I'm sure you're all aware, Demina's free-"
"I wasn't aware of that!" Jane exclaimed.
"Well, you are now, love" Harry said before continuing. "Demina's free from the Isle, and I may or may not have had something or another to do with her getting that way."
"You took her deal, didn't you?" Carlos asked.
"I lost everything, okay!? Uma kicked me out, Quinn robbed me of almost everything, Chloe sank my ship, and even Gil tried to lead a gang of pirates to kill me! I was desperate!"
"Well, thanks to your desperation, now I'm a vampire, too, so well done for screwing us all over!" Carlos shouted.
"Boys!" Morgan snapped, ending the screaming match. "Fighting will get us nowhere. Carlos, I'll tell you what I told Harry here. The only way to fix what Demina did to you is to kill her. It won't be easy, but it is the only way."
"How?" Carlos asked. "Anything that kills her can kill us as well."
"That's the point I made!" Harry commented.
"You" Jane said while pointing at Harry, "don't get to speak, considering the fact that you're the reason we're even in this mess."
"I have a plan," Morgan explained to the group, "but I need a couple of days to get some necessary items over here from back in New York. We should be able to take her on come the night before Hallow's Eve, which is when I suspect she's going to enact whatever plan she has to exact her revenge upon humanity."