Demina

Two days until Halloween

As excitement for the upcoming holiday grew around Auradon City, Demina decided to use it to her advantage. She had a plan, and that plan would culminate itself on Hallow's Eve. What better time for a force of evil to wreak havoc upon this world?

Now, though, in the dead of night, Demina found herself standing at the main water treatment facility of the city. Around her, and throughout the facility, bodies of workers and guards laid in bloody waste, the facility locked down such that only Demina inhabited it. Well, her and her bats, one of which fluttered down into her hand.
"It is time, my sweet" she whispered. She let the bat fly, and as it flew next to her, the bat began to change, the wings thickening and turning into arms, the body expanding and changing color, until standing beside her wasn't a bat at all. With pale skin, broad shoulders, and hair as black as Demina's, his beady, dark eyes darted around the area, this being his first time in this form in over twenty years.
"Grigo?" Demina called out to him.
"Demina?" Grigorio answered, turning to the sound of her voice. "What is this?"
"It's finally happened, Grigo" Demina told him. "We're free."

"How?" he asked. "And how am I able to change forms?"
"The barrier that kept you in that form was taken down" she explained, "and our curse was broken by a desperate pirate."
"What is this place?"
"They call this kingdom Auradon. And the city where we stand is the jewel of its crown."
Grigorio nodded.
"What better place to begin the destruction of all humanity has built, than the center of the people who kept us prisoner for all those years?" she asked him.
"What is your plan?" she asked in response.
"While we have been trapped on that island," Demina explained, "the world has changed. From this building, we can control the water access of the entirety of the city."
"What importance does that bear on us, my love?" Grigorio asked, his mind abuzz with questions.
"It's so simple, my sweet. We can poison their water with our sustenance, our own blood. Then all anybody in the city has to do is drink the water, and they will fall under my control. We can raise an entire legion in one night, and from there bring the world into an eternal night! What do you say, my sweet?"
"No."

Demina's enthusiasm and wicked excitement quickly dropped, the grin being wiped from her face as she turned to face her lover.
"What do you mean, Grigo?" she asked, confused.
"Demina, my love" he began, "when you asked me if I wished to become like you, what did I tell you?"
"You… you said no" she remembered.
"But then I agreed, so that we could be together forever. But, Demina, I cannot support this. You refuse to let bygones be bygones!"
"Do you not seek vengeance? Justice for what they've done to us?"
"No, I don't. I have my freedom, as do you. But you, you're so bent on destruction, on your evil ways, that you fail to realize the rarity of our situation. We have a chance to move on. The world has forgotten what we are."
"And I intend to make it remember!" Demina cried. "I know the world has forgotten what we are, Grigorio, but have you!? We are monsters! And that will never change! What, did you think we could just, stop!? Just blink and become something we are not!?"
"I don't know about myself, but evidently, you cannot" Grigorio told her.
"Because unlike you, Grigo, I haven't forgotten what the world did to us! They trapped us on that island for centuries, kept you as a bat for decades! We've been apart for decades, Grigorio, because of them! As soon as they know we are free, they will stop at nothing until we are dead, just like everyone else like us!"
"You said it yourself, Demina. The world has changed. Maybe it's time we did, too."

Demina sighed, her fear becoming an inevitability. "So be it, my love. It appears this is where our paths part ways."
"What is that?" Grigorio asked as Demina pulled a long, slender black case from a pocket on the back of her outfit.
"This" Demina revealed as she opened the case, "is the blade that the Monster Man used to kill my grandfather. My father clung to it in hopes of using it on said Monster Man, but passed it on to me before he had the chance." As she spoke, she pulled a long, brass-handled knife from the case, the worn leather soft underneath her grip. Moonlight glinted off of the blade of pure silver, and Grigorio stepped back precariously.
"Demina… what are you doing?" he asked.
"Well, my sweet. If you are not with me, then you are against me. And I'm going to require a large amount of sustenance to poison an entire city's water supply."
Grigorio got the message, and ran.

Demina flicked her wrist, and a colony of bats swarmed around him, dragging him to where she began flying to - a steel catwalk above the main distribution vat.
"You forget who turned who here" Demina reminded him when the bats finally arrived.
"Demina Dracul, you have gone mad!" Grigorio cried.
"In this world, all the best people are mad."
Tears formed in her eyes as she gripped the blade, Grigorio unable to escape.
"Demina, please" he pleaded. "This isn't necessary!"
She blinked the tears away, and steeled herself.
"The world needs to pay for what it did to us."
She screamed, her mind forcing her body to move as she plunged the silver blade through his heart. Grigorio screamed, and Demina tossed him over the railing, his body sinking into the vat below. As time caught up with Grigorio's corpse, the water in the vat bubbled, a sign of the poison building up. Demina watched as the poisoned water supply was pumped through pipes, spreading to all corners of Auradon City.
"Goodbye, my sweet" she whispered to herself, her plan in motion.