Carlos

Present Day

With music blasting out of the red headphones around his neck, infamous VK Carlos de Vil wandered the madness that was Auradon Prep's cafeteria at lunchtime. He didn't stop until he found who he was looking for.
"Hey guys" he said as he sat down. Seated across from him were Mal and Morgan; next to him, Jane. Mal and Morgan were poring over an old book.
"Don't mind them" Jane told him as she kissed his cheek. "They're just working on a school project."
"What's it about?" Carlos asked the duo.
"Can't talk" Mal and Morgan answered in unison. Carlos laughed a little, then turned to Jane.
"And how are you doing today?" he asked.
"Just fine, actually" she answered. "But it's always better with you around."
They smiled, then began to eat.

"Hey, Carlos, when are we getting Halloween stuff?" Mal asked him. "Evie's getting annoying about the decorations, and Jay's not having much luck finding the-"
"Saturday" Carlos answered, cutting her off.
"Babe" Jane interjected. "Saturday's our date."
"Isn't that Sunday?" Carlos asked.
Jane checked her phone calendar. "No, it's Saturday" she said while showing Carlos her phone. "Look."
Carlos looked at the phone. "Oh" he said after a moment. "Then, Mal, looks like it'll be-"
"Sunday" she cut him off, payback for him doing the same earlier.
"Sunday it is. Wait, what's today?"
"Monday" Morgan said without looking up from her book. In response, Carlos' forehead met the table.
"Great" he groaned. "Have I ever mentioned that I hate Mondays?"
"Yes" Mal and Jane answered at once. Morgan didn't answer. Carlos just rolled his eyes and kept eating his plate of pasta.

After classes had finished, was Carlos doing homework? No. He was playing Mortal Kombat with Jay.
"Dude, you're getting destroyed!" Carlos exclaimed as his avatar proceeded to continue beating the life out of Jay's.
"Yeah, well, we can't all have Jason" Jay retaliated, at this point just mashing buttons until he inevitably lost. As Carlos finally claimed victory, the door swung open, and in walked - or, rather, ran - Evie. She shut the door behind her and groaned.
"You look…" Jay began.
"Stressed" Carlos finished the thought.
"I am" Evie confessed. "Apparently, there's gonna be a big party to watch the barrier finally come down, and every guy in school has asked if I want to go!"

"Is it just me, or is that in really poor taste?" Carlos asked aloud after a brief pause.
"Second" Evie agreed.
"Wait, did Doug ask you?" Jay asked.
"No" she answered. "He still hasn't said a word to me since we broke up!"
"It's been a month" Carlos said. "How is he still hurt about it?"
"I dunno, Carlos" Evie responded. "And to be honest, I'd rather talk about anything but Doug."
A long and somewhat awkward silence followed that, before Evie gave up and took a seat in a chair next to Jay.
"Hand me the controller" she told him.
"Wha- why me!?" Jay asked. "Why not take his controller?"
"I saw you on the way in" she said. "You're terrible at this game."
Jay huffed and handed Evie the controller, while Carlos turned red laughing. The two began their own round of Mortal Kombat.

"So what do you guys think about the barrier coming down?" Evie asked the boys during the match.
"I said it once, I'll say it again" Jay said. "It's a mistake. Once you rub that lamp, the genie ain't gonna be pleasant. We can't all be Aladdin."
"I have to agree with Jay" Carlos said. "But, then again, Ben only listens to one of us, and she doesn't seem to have any problems with it."
"Oh, no, Mal hates it" Evie told them. "Said she can't figure out why he's insisting on it, but she knows that it's gonna blow in our faces."
"Got that right" Carlos muttered. "Question is… when?"