Morgan

"Okay," Mal sighed, stumped, "this is going to take us forever. What are we even looking for?" She and Morgan sat in the latter's dorm, hunched over the Wesley catalog from the Museum Library.
"A monster" Morgan answered for the fifth time that evening.
"There's almost two hundred pages of monsters in here!" Mal seethed. "This is literally a needle in a haystack!"
"Maleficent Sprike, listen to me!" Morgan snapped as she bolted up to her feet. "I'm convinced that there is something calling that island home which, when released from its curse, will bring about the end of days, but I very well can't convince the King of this without some concrete evidence, so unless you're in the mood to watch everything you've come to hold dear crumble around you, I suggest you zip it and help me find what I'm looking for!"
Mal winced - the tirade had dredged up unpleasant memories of home. "What are we looking for, exactly?" she questioned. "I can't help you look for something if I don't know what you're looking for."

"The monster could have had many names," Morgan explained, "if the generic route was taken. Vampire, though, will be the most likely. That said, many monsters of L'île Perdue had human forms and names."
"And the human name of this one would be…?"
"Demina Dracul."
"Lovely" Mal chided. "I was expecting something a little more intimidating. Like, I dunno, Sheldon. Or Tim."
As Morgan nudged Mal lightly, the door to the dorm opened, and in walked Morgan's roommate.
"So so sorry for the holdup!" Jane apologized at a thousand words a minute. "The date ran longer than I thought it would."
"How'd it go with Carlos?" Mal asked.
"It was amazing, just like him." Jane basically had hearts for eyes at this point; she was lovestruck.
"I'm glad it went well" Morgan said with a smile. "You deserve the happiness."
"Thanks!" Jane replied. "And we're going to a movie next week."
"Wait, that's, like, right in the middle of Halloween Week" Mal reminded her. "There's pretty much going to be a party every night."
"Carlos doesn't do parties" Jane explained. "Not since-"
"Guys!" Morgan snapped Mal and Jane out of their conversation. "Focus. We have a monster to find."
Mal and Jane sighed, and took their seats around the book. "Demina Dracul, where are you hiding?" Mal asked herself as she read through the pages.

As the clock ticked on, Mal eventually had to leave, which left Jane and Morgan to do the job.
"I'm sorry to keep you up" Morgan told her roommate. "You're welcome to get some sleep, I'll do this."
"Morgan" Jane reached over and took Morgan's hand. "I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it again. This isn't Hell's Kitchen, you're not on your own anymore. You don't need to take everything on by yourself. Not anymore."
"I know" Morgan replied, smiling a little. "I also know that almost everyone here would rather sleep than stay up to go through an old journal."
"Consider me the exception."
The two smiled, and Jane got up to get something for them to snack on.
"Pigs in a blanket?" Jane asked with her head neck-deep in her mini fridge.
"I've told you, Jane, I'm a vegetarian" Morgan answered without looking up from the book.
"Shoot! Right, sorry." Jane kept looking for something that was fresh enough to eat, that Morgan could also eat.

"Here!" Morgan nearly shouted. Jane stood up so fast she smacked her head on the inside of the mini fridge, which caused Morgan to cringe. "Sorry, Jane!"
"No worries!" Jane stood up and shut the fridge, running over. Her eyes saw a pair of pages of the Wesley journal. The left page held a drawing of a strikingly beautiful girl; even though it was a black and white sketch, the sharp, high cheeks and rich black locks put Jane and Morgan both to shame, even taking into account the silver waves of Morgan's hair that were known to make Audrey green with envy.
"She looks beautiful" Jane commented.
"Demina Dracul" Morgan read (as best she could) off of the second page. "Best summed: Vampire. Trapped on island for eternity, she can't be killed until her curse is broken. DO NOT INTERACT! Threat level: 7/5. She is the reason this island should not be settled."
"That's… terrifying" Jane broke the tense silence following Morgan's reading.
"It's the evidence I need" Morgan placed an index card on the page and carefully closed the book. "I need a meeting with King Ben. He needs to know about this threat."
"What's he going to do about this?" Jane asked.
"Due to his eagerness to turn a new leaf, I'm worried that he may let Demina into Auradon. And that would be a mistake worse than-"
"My cracking the barrier" Jane finished the thought. "I'll see what I can do for you during his free hour tomorrow."

Sure enough, Jane pulled through. Morgan found herself knocking on the door to King Ben's office at noon the next day.
"Enter" came the voice inside. When Morgan walked in, Ben looked up from a document, light glinting off of his blue satin suit.
"You must be… Margaret?" Ben asked.
"Morgan" she answered. "Morgan LeFaye."
"Ah, yes, Jane told me about you" Ben remembered. "Please, have a seat."
"Thank you" Morgan sat in an armchair across from Ben, placing her bag in her lap.
"I heard you have something urgent to tell me?"
I do, sir. Your Second Chance Act is a mistake."
Ben nearly spat out his sparkling cider.
"They were right" Ben chided. "New Yorkers don't mess around, do they?"
"Not when it comes to the survival of civilization as we know it" Morgan answered plainly. This got Ben to slide his document aside and pay attention.
"What do you mean?" he asked.

In response, Morgan pulled the Wesley journal from her bag and placed it in front of Ben, opening it to the Demina Dracul pages.
"I mean her" Morgan explained. "She lives on the Isle. Her curse originally bound her to a specific cave, but when the barrier was put up, and the cave demolished, the entirety of the island became her new cave. Now, with the barrier no longer a factor, all it takes is for someone to fall under her spell, and she'll be free."
Ben laughed. He tried to hold it in, but when he saw how serious Morgan was, he couldn't.
"Morgan LeFaye, you're talking about monsters and creatures that have been dead for decades, ever since my father had that island purged. Are you saying he missed one?"
"King Ben, you can read. Did you miss the line where it specifically says that she cannot be killed by weapons of man until her curse is broken?"
"I'm saying, LeFaye, that I'm not about to reverse my Act because of one monster that one student at Auradon Prep believes to be alive."
"Then the havoc she wreaks unto Auradon is your fault. The blood she spills is on your hands. The death she unleashes is on your conscience, and yours alone. You may return that book to the Hidden Library at the Museum of Cultural History, I haven't a use for it anymore."
With that, Morgan stood up and left, without a single word.