Harry

Night. Five days before Halloween

Harry wandered the streets of the rundown little village that was the hub of all activity on the Isle. Unable to step outside of his hovel during the day, he'd used the past two nights to his full advantage. He'd started on that first night, with his little stunt in Ursula's Fish & Chips. The second night, he'd made it known to all of the Isle that, yes, he was back. People ran from him like never before. Even the pirates now cowered in his presence. Gil had been cornered, and had offered to mutiny against Uma in Harry's name. But the offer was for naught; Harry was, shockingly enough, past the desire for his old life back. Now, he had to resist the thirst for blood, which had only grown stronger since the Fish & Chips bloodbath, for the rest of the night, and he would finally have what nobody on the entirety of the Isle had come close to having since Maleficent's rule.
He would have control over the people of the Isle.
All, that is, except for one.

"So the rumors are true" Chloe said from her seat. "Harry Hook, back from the dead."
"No thanks to you, lass" Harry turned around to see his nemesis leaning against the wall, spinning that trident in her hand.
"Heard you took out, what, forty pirates a couple nights ago? And now there's talk about Gil planning a mutiny against my sister? What is going on, Hook?"
"What's going on, Trench, is that the tides, they are a-changin'. In my favor, this time."
"Mmhm, mmhm, I still don't care. But in the meantime, catch."
Chloe tossed over the silver ring she'd picked from Harry's pocket. Instinctively, he caught it, then grimaced as the silver burned the skin on his exposed fingers. Almost immediately, he dropped the ring, flexing his fingers so that they'd heal faster.

Chloe changed her stance, now looking like a predator about to strike.
"What did you become?" she asked, no longer playing games.
"Something I should've become a long time ago" Harry grinned, drawing his sword. The two went at it, but this time, it was different. This time, Harry found himself able to parry, to counter, to dodge. This time, he had an edge. He spun around and hit Chloe in the temple with the butt of his sword. She fell to a knee, dropping her trident as she put a hand to her bleeding head. Harry readied his sword, and just as he began to swing, Chloe dove at him, her hands yanking his hook free of its spot on his belt. She used the hook to knock his sword from his hands, then drove the point of the hook into his shoulder. He shoved her off of him, causing her to roll into the wall, and laughed. To Chloe's fright, she watched as he pulled the hook out of his shoulder, the grisly wound healing instantly before her eyes. Harry just grinned, the unholy fire in his eyes almost literally blazing, while Chloe sat still, frozen as she found herself caught in his monstrous gaze.

She tried to edge away as he approached, especially after he dropped the hook - a sign that Harry was about to do something unthinkable. He grabbed her by the collar and hoisted her up, the fear in her eyes rendering her speechless. Her feet were off of the ground at this point. She was helpless, unable to do anything but watch. Her attempts to fight his iron grip were proving unsuccessful.
"You're done being a thorn in my side" Harry told her. He grinned, and Chloe felt like screaming; she saw the fangs in his mouth, and it all clicked. Vampire! she wanted to scream. But her fear took the sound before she could make it. She was shaking, tears in her eyes. She knew what was about to happen, but the pain was still unbearable. Harry couldn't resist the bloodlust any longer; he sank his teeth into the side of Chloe's neck, clasping a firm hand over her mouth to keep her from screaming in pain. She tried her hardest to fight him off, but she grew weaker and weaker by the second, until at last the life left her eyes. She stopped resisting, and went limp. Harry pulled away as she died, her body falling onto the wood of the deck. He felt a warmth spreading throughout his body. He felt recharged, rejuvenated, more powerful than ever before. And as he heard the wicked cackle behind him, he knew exactly what mistake he'd just made.

"I must thank you, pirate" she said.
"Demina…" Harry muttered without turning around. Blood still soaked his lips and chin, as he knelt huddled over the body of Chloe Trench.
"As I warned you, you've given in to your thirst. You've sealed your fate with human blood, as you have the fate of all the known world."
"So what does that make me!?" Harry asked, turning.
"

It makes you a monster, doomed to spend eternity in the shadows and the dark of night. As I am."
Around them, and all around the Isle, bats began to fly around. Thousands upon thousands of them, some taking flight for the first time in years. They'd been awakened. They'd been set free.
"Thanks to your recklessness, you've doomed your world."
"No… no!"
But by then, it was too late. Demina dissolved into a microcolony of bats, which then joined the massive colony that took flight, departing from the island and heading towards the mainland, towards Auradon City.

As the grim reality of his decisions over the past few days began to set in, Harry couldn't take it. He closed his eyes, turned his face to the night sky, and screamed. A loud, unearthly wail that echoed through the streets of the Isle, it was the scream of a broken man. Or, rather, in Harry's case, a broken monster. He knew he had to fix what he'd just done. He also knew that that couldn't be done from the Isle. He would have to go to the mainland.
To Auradon City.