Morgan

Fourteen hours until Halloween

"What are we looking for, again?" Mal asked. She, Jane, Carlos, Morgan, and Harry were sitting in the Group Study area of the Charming Residence Hall, where all five of them (except for Harry) lived. Around them sat stacks of old books, most of them from the Museum's Hidden Library.
"Anything that can tell us something about Demina" Morgan explained. "Why she waited until now, how she plans to get her revenge, anything like that."
"I found something!" Jane exclaimed. The book in her hands was a rather special one; dating back almost as far as the Wesley journal, the book in Jane's hands had been shipped over from Dr. Facilier's Forbidden Library, back on the Isle.
"Well, then, lass. Spit it out" Harry ushered her, thankful to stop reading.
"It says here that-"
A loud and harsh scream echoed from one of the upper floors, cutting Jane off. That scream was followed by another. And another. And another.
"Uh, guys… what was that…?" Carlos asked.
"Come on" Mal said. Jane kept a hold of her book, and stayed behind as the group left to investigate.

"Ben!" Mal cried. Ben, king of Auradon, was on his knees, his hands over his ears. Around him, other students were in similar predicaments.
"What happened?" Carlos asked Ben. Mal walked up to her boyfriend and knelt down next to him.
"Benny… it's me" she whispered. He looked at her, and at the group. Morgan could see a spark in his eyes, a fury that hadn't been there before.
"Mal, get back" Morgan warned. But Mal didn't listen. Ben attacked, plowing Mal into the ground. Mal screamed, Ben attacking her as though he were a wild animal.
"Mal!" Jane screamed. As she ran towards her friend, another student attacked her in a similar fashion. The student put her hand on Jane's chest as Morgan watched, stuck in her own fight with a belligerent student. The girl fighting Jane hissed and retreated, her hand sizzling from where it had made contact with Jane's gold cross necklace. Morgan got an idea, and pulled her rosary from her dress pocket, holding it up. The guy attacking her hissed, his open mouth baring two fangs.

"They've been turned!" Morgan cried. Harry and Carlos threw Ben off of Mal, and the five reconvened in the middle of the madness.
"What do you mean, they've been bloody turned!? Demina hasn't been here!" Harry asked.
"She did something, I'm sure of it" Morgan answered.
"What could she have done?" Mal asked.
"Wrong place and time for this conversation!" Carlos reminded them. Morgan's rosary kept the vampirized students at bay - for now.
"Our room!" Jane remembered. "Morgan put a silver cross on the door, it'll keep them away."
Morgan held up her rosary, and Jane her necklace, like a pair of flashlights, and together were able to keep the masses at bay, carving the group a clear path to Morgan's room.

"What is going on?" Mal said as she collapsed into a chair.
"They've all been turned somehow" Morgan explained.
"Demina?" Harry guessed.
"All likelihood" Morgan confirmed. "Just… how? How did she turn everyone without even being here, and why haven't Jane and Mal been turned yet?"
"Who knows?" Carlos asked.
"Jane" Morgan remembered something. "Before all of that chaos, you said you'd found something in that book there. What did you find?"
"Oh yeah" Jane said as she opened the book, thankful she'd marked the page. "This was written on the Isle a while back, and I think it's referring to Demina."
"May I?" Morgan asked while reaching for the book. Jane nodded, handing it over, and Morgan cleared her throat.
"There is a tale" Morgan began, "of a monster trapped on L'île Perdue. While the others of the island are free to come and go as they please, this monster, her lover, and her minions are to remain trapped on the island for all eternity. This, it is believed, was their punishment for her crossing of the great Sorceress-"
Morgan suddenly stopped, a lump forming in her throat.
"The great Sorceress… who?" Mal asked.
"Morgana…" Morgan finished the statement.
"Wait, so… if this is true" Carlos reasoned, "then your mother trapped Demina on the Isle?"
"It would appear so" Morgan assumed.
"While you all figure this out, I need a drink" Mal said. "And no, Harry, not that kind of drink."
She picked up a cup and went to the bathroom to get some water.

"This doesn't tell us very bloody much" Harry said. "Just that-"
A loud crashing around echoed from the bathroom, followed by a scream. Morgan ran over to investigate. Mal was on her hands and knees, breathing heavy. Next to her, she'd spilled her water.
"Mal? Can you hear me?" Morgan asked. Mal looked up, and Morgan could see that the same fire that had burned in Ben's eyes, the one that she'd seen in all of the turned students, was now in Mal's eyes.
"Jane!" Morgan cried, holding up her rosary to keep Mal at bay. "Crucifix, now!"
Jane tossed over a golden cross, complete with Christ, and Morgan held it up instead. She fastened it to the towel hook on the inside of her bathroom door, and then shut it, trapping Mal inside.
"What happened?" Jane asked.
"The water" Morgan said. "Demina's poisoned the water somehow, and anyone who drinks it becomes her minion."
"Wait, though. Why didn't we go berserk like everyone else has?" Carlos asked, referencing himself and Harry.
"I bloody well did" Harry countered. "Killed off forty of Uma's crew, and terrorized an island for three nights."
"And Carlos, didn't you kill a homeless man?" Morgan asked.
"Don't remind me" Carlos muttered.
"The treatment plant!" Jane exclaimed, earning her confused looks from the other three.
"She has to be at the water treatment facility" Jane explained. "That'd be the only place she could poison the water and affect this many people, because it's not just at the school. She's turning the entire city into her own army."
"We need to move, then!" Carlos exclaimed.
"Not yet" Morgan said. "I have a shipment coming in from Hell's Kitchen tomorrow, and hidden inside we'll find everything that the three of us will need to defeat her."
"Four" Jane corrected. "I'm going with you."
"Jane, no" Carlos told her. "It's too dangerous, and I know this sounds cliché, but I'm not letting you risk yourself over all of this."
"Carlos, you of all people should know that there's nothing I won't do for the people I care about" she responded. "I'm coming with you, and that's a fact."
"Tomorrow, we prepare" Morgan told them. "Tomorrow night, we kill Demina before the clock strikes midnight."