Carlos

"What movie do you want to see?" Carlos asked. He and Jane were standing in front of the ticket counter at a local theater, his arm around her.
"I still want to try to see Leatherface" Jane answered.
"I mean, yeah, but-" Carlos began, but stopped when he remembered what Evie had told him. "Okay. We can see Leatherface."
"Carlos, if you don't want to see that one, there are other movies we could see. You have an input here, too."
"I know I do, but I made most of the decisions on our last date. It's your turn now."
Jane pretended to pout, them laughed a little and kissed his cheek. "Leatherface it is" she said.

"And now I know that I don't like horror" Jane said as they walked out of the theater.
"Glad I'm not the only one" Carlos agreed. Jane laughed, and turned so that she was facing him.
"Thank you for sitting through that, Carlos. I know you don't usually like that kind of stuff."
"For you, babe, it was worth it."
She smiled, and they kissed. After she pulled away, she looked at her phone, her eyes widening when she saw the time.
"Shoot!" she exclaimed. The joy in her eyes had been replaced with worry.
"What?" Carlos asked, confused.
"It's 11:55!" she told him.
"We'll never make it back before curfew" he realized. "Your mother is going to kill us!"
"Oh, wait! We can make it if we cut through there, that path ends right behind the school."
She was pointing at a cemetery, and a rather large one, too.
"No, Jane" Carlos shot down the idea. "That's the most basic horror movie mistake in the book. Never go into a cemetery at night, especially if you're in a hurry."
"Carlos, there's no other way. No matter how fast we go, we'll never be able to get back to Auradon Prep before midnight if we avoid the cemetery."
"But…"
"Carlos."
"Fine" Carlos sighed. "Let's cut through the spooky cemetery."

Carlos was immediately regretting his decision. He got spooked every time a leaf blew across his path. The fact that he hit a branch and woke up a rather angry crow didn't help much, either.
"Jane, can we hurry it up?" Carlos asked, visibly pale from fright.
"This place is too hilly" she said. "And I'm in wedges. Any faster and one of us is bound to get hurt. Besides, I can see the school from here, and it's only been a minute."
"Please don't tell me you want to go exploring" Carlos pleaded.
"Oh, of course not" Jane answered. "I just-"
"Duck!" Carlos shouted. Just as he and Jane got down, a group of bats zipped by overhead. Carlos could feel the wind from their flapping wings as they passed.
"Nice one" Jane said as they stood up.
"I'm really starting to hate- GAAH!"
Carlos' sentence was interrupted when one bat, presumably a straggler from the previous group, hit him in the chest. Carlos screamed and started flailing around as the bat got caught first in the wire of his headphones, then in his jacket.
"Carlos!" Jane exclaimed.
"Get off get off get off get off" Carlos was repeating over and over as he tried to get the bat to go away. His foot caught on a headstone, and he tripped, rolling down a hill until his back collided with a cross-shaped tombstone. After the collision, Carlos was reeling, and the bat finally freed itself from his jacket and flew off.
"Carlos!" Jane repeated as she approached her boyfriend, who she promptly helped to his feet. "Are you alright?"
"I'm fine" Carlos answered as he stood up, obviously in some degree of pain. "I've had worse injuries from fights with Jay, honestly."
"Alright" Jane said. Other than some cuts and scrapes, and likely a bruise on his back, he really didn't appear to have any injuries.
"Let's get back to the dorms" Carlos offered.
They got back at 12:01.

When Jay woke up that morning, he looked across the room and saw Carlos bundled up in his blankets, all of the shades closed. He walked over, considering how rarely Carlos did that, and shook his friend's shoulder.
"Dude, get up" Jay told him. "You've got class."
"Not today, dude" Carlos muttered. "I think I got a stomach bug from whatever I ate at the theater last night."
"Alright" Jay said, opening a set of blinds as he did. Carlos shifted, moving the blankets to block out the incoming sunlight.
"Close the blinds, please" Carlos told Jay.
"But then the room feels like a damn cave" Jay argued.
"Please?"
"Alright, fine. Only because I don't have time to argue if I want to be on time for tourney practice."
Jay closed the blinds and left the room. Carlos looked at his hands, certain that they hadn't been that pale last night.