Chapter 25

Betty Cooper:

It's weird how one moment everything is amazing and the next it's like hell. It all happened late on a Monday night, I remember hearing my house phone ringing. The sound of my mother's footsteps padded along the hard wood floor, as the ringing finally quit. I had a gut feeling, I knew something was wrong the moment the phone woke me. I waited patiently in my bed, my eyes squeezed shut as I wished for everything to be okay. 

My mom quietly knocked on my door, the floorboards creaking under her as she slowly walked into my room. No No NO NO, I kept screaming in my head. 

"Betty," her soothing voice whispered as the bed dipped on my side. My eyes were already filled with tears in those few seconds it took her to say something. 

"Yea," I mumbled under my breath, my eyes staying shut as I wished for it to be a dream. Please let it be a dream.

"Ver-Veronica's, in the hospital," Her words stabbed me in the stomach, that's what it felt like. I didn't know how to react, all I knew was that my eyes were wide open now, and I don't think they'll be closing anytime soon. 

                                                                                               **

5 hours later, and everyone was crowded in the waiting room. Anxious for the news to come, my knees shaking with anxiety and the lack of sleep. My head was propped against Jughead's shoulder,as his hands rubbed soothing circles on my lower back. 

"Everything will be alright," He whispered into my ear. I nodded my head frantically, already feeling the tears starting to return. 

I couldn't even respond, too scared that'd I'd break down. 

"Hey guys," Hermione walked into the large room. I couldn't tell by her expression as to if it were good or bad news, either way I was anxious as hell.

It didn't last though, because soon she started nodding her head excitedly a smile slowly appearing on her lips as she began to cry. 

"She'll be fine...." she continued to nod, relief instantly overwhelming me as I turned to look at Jughead. A bright smile on his lips, as a nervous chuckle left mine. I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around his tall frame, being instantly covered in warmth and happiness.  

"You can all come in and see her if you'd like," Hermione points towards Veronica's room. 

That's all it took for me to dash towards the old door of the hospital. Revealing a worn out Veronica, her eyes slanted as she had trouble keeping them open. 

"You can't do that to me," I place my hand over my heart, seeing as a small smile tugs at the corner of her lips. She ushers me over towards her, just as Cheryl and the others came in. Cheryl's face was full of worry as she sprinted over to veronica's bed. Engulfing her in a hug, as she planted kisses all over her face. Veronica giggling, as she pulled Cheryl down for a kiss. 

"Don't think you can get rid of me that easily," Veronica smiles up at her, as Cheryl embraces her once again. 

Veronica's eyes snap up to me for a brief moment to smile reassuringly. Jughead's hand encloses around mine, grabbing my attention. I tug at his shirt pulling him towards me as we all smile at the amazing news. He presses a few kisses to the top of my head, as I enjoy the amazing feeling of being in his arms. 

                                                                                                 **

I KNOW IT'S A SHORT CHAPTER, AND I'M SORRY FOR THAT ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVEN'T WRITTEN MUCH RECENTLY. BUT THIS IS MORE THAN LIKELY THE LAST CHAPTER, I DO KNOW I'LL MAKE AN EPILOGUE, IF YOU'RE LUCKY I'LL MAYBE EVEN DOING AN EXTRA CHAPTER AFTER THAT. 

TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE CHAPTER...DID YOU HONESTLY THINK I'D KILL VERONICA ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!! <3<3<3