Chapter 24

Betty Cooper:

"Wow your hair -," Archie talks before he thinks, causing me to elbow him in the side as we all sit around in Veronica's living room. I quickly glare his way, before moving my eyes back to Veronica. They went ahead and shaved her head, they said because of chemo it'll all come out eventually anyway. So she made the decision to chop it all off at once. 

"You have a beautiful head," Cheryl smiles down at her, trying to reassure her in some way. Veronica took notice in her sympathy, giving her a small smile and leaning up to press their lips together. 

"So when are you supposed to be getting your test results back," Valarie questions. 

"In about a month, they'll still have me come in for weekly checkups to make sure everything's okay. Other than that I'm good.. as I know of anyway." She explains, causing all of us to smile. I know there's still a chance that it won't work, but I'm trying to look on the bright side these days. We all need to try and be optimistic about the outcome. 

                                                                                  **

We all spent the night at Pop's. For once all of us going out to get milkshakes and burgers together since the last couple of months. It was a nice night, the moon full and lighting up the dark sky. The air holding a cool breeze as we all walked into Pop's. 

The night was filled with laughs, and amazing memories. It was like we could forget about everything else going on, and just be 6 teenagers out on a Friday night. Enjoying each others company. 

But of course something had to go wrong. It was our luck, never being able to have a couple of amazing days without a rude interruption. 

"Well well...Archie I had no idea that you could so easily be taken back. I thought we were you friends..guess we were wrong. One thing happens and your crawling back to these traitors. That sure shows what a loyal person you are," Of course it's Reggie and the football team. Cockily walking into the front door. Disgusting smirks on their faces as they glared at us. What gave them the right. 

"Reggie if you remember correctly..you're the one who left me at the bar on the south side. These guys were there for me, while you all sat like wimps in your car, more than likely pissing yourselves," Archie stands from the booth, Valarie trying her best to contain him. Pulling on his arm while whispering "It's not worth it", into his ear. 

It didn't help much though, he continued to stand there. Both Reggie and him chest to chest, glaring into each others eyes. Both of them waiting for the other to make a move to fight. 

"Come on Arch let's go," Jughead stands up pulling Archie back by his shirt and furrowing his brows Reggie's way. This time we leave through the back, Archie grumbling under his breath as we all pile back into Cheryl's car. 

Well tonight didn't go as well as I'd wished for.

                                                                                           **

"Hey mom," I smile while walking into my kitchen later that evening. She was confused why I was back so early, but I quickly explained the situation. 

"How's Veronica doing," She asks in curiosity, in the middle of baking some type of pie. 

"She's doing well..well she at least says she is," I state, sitting down at the island in the kitchen. 

"Everything will be okay honey," She comforts me, walking around to wrap her arms around me from the side. Rubbing circles on my back. I really needed this. 

                                                                                           **

A knock on my window startles me from my light sleep, I had just about dozed off. I quickly walk over to my window, already knowing that it was Jughead. I don't know why he doesn't just use the front door. 

"Hey," I smile letting him in, his feet planting on my floor as lightly as possible so my mom won't wake up. It doesn't take long for him to embrace me in a hug. It's weird how much a simple hug can make you feel. 

"I love you...you know that right," He mumbles into my hair, his lips leaning down to press a sweet kiss to my forehead. 

I nod my head in reply, " Yeah of course I do..I love you too," 

"Why are you acting so weird," I question pulling away slightly so I can meet his eyes. They hold a secret I can tell. 

He bites his lip anxiously, his eyebrows furrowed as his eyes narrow in on the floor. He looks like he could cry and he hasn't even said anything yet. I was beginning to worry. 

"What is it," I usher him to sit down, lacing my fingers with his. 

" I want to give you something...nothings wrong I promise," he reassures me, instantly making me relax as I nod my head. 

"Okay what is it," I smile slightly as his eyes shine bright, tears still evident in his eyes as he holds his own smile. 

He pulls out a jewelry box, opening it straight away. I instantly see a diamond ring, it's beautiful. 

"What-," My eyes begin to water. 

"Don't worry I'm not proposing," he chuckles under his breath. Taking the the small ring out and pushing it onto my finger. 

"It's a promise ring...It's to say, I love you so much Elizabeth Cooper. I have since the first time I saw you, with your golden pig tails and bright eyes...perfect smile. I'll always love you, no matter what, and I want you to know that I promise that, to always love you. And I hope you'll do the same in return. And if one day we are ready... I will propose because I can't imagine not living my life without you," A tear rolls down his cheek. 

It's amazing how good I feel in the moment. How happy I am as I frantically nod my head, smiling so big it felt like it would permanently stick to my face. I lunge forwards, wrapping my arms around his neck. Roughly pushing my lips against his, as his hands come up to caress my cheeks. Our lips move in sync as my hands roam over his chest, tugging at his hair. As his hands begin to wrap around my waist, holding me close to his chest. As we continue to get lost in each others touch. 

                                                                                           **

I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS A MESS, IT'S EVERYWHERE. AND IT'S HARD TO WRITE BECAUSE I CURRENTLY HAVE WRITERS BLOCK. I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS, BUT I REALLY WANTED TO UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS. SORRY IT'S BEEN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. 

TELL ME IF IT WAS EVEN A LITTLE OKAY, AND IF YOU LIKE THE WAY THE PLOT IS GOING. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING AND SUPPORTING ME THROUGH THIS AMAZING JOURNEY OF WRITING. 

LOVE YOU GUYS <3<3<3