Chapter 10

Betty Cooper:

Time stopped. Or that's what it felt like anyway, being in Jughead's arms as our lips move in unison. I hadn't even noticed when we had moved closer, pressing our bodies completely to each other. No space between us, besides the thin fabric of our clothes. My hands wrapped around his neck as his wrapped around my waist. As our tongues collided and our eyes shut. Taking in the breathe taking moment, that I didn't even know I had been dreaming about for a long time. 

To have my pulse quicken and my cheeks to flush because of the one and only Jughead Jones. To share such an intimate moment with some one I had known for my entire life. 

It was passionate and loving. Sweet and lustful. The only things I could possibly ask for in a first kiss. And I'm so happy it was with him, I hadn't even noticed when our lips finally parted, as we slowly lean away from one another. Staring into each others eyes, noticing that Jughead's pupils were dilated and his lips swollen. Cheeks red from all the blood that rushed to his face. 

My face felt heated, knowing that mine looked the same. Neither of us spoke, and it was enough to just sit quietly enjoying the silence. Which was shocking because it seemed like that was the one thing I had been dreading to have, but it felt right. 

                                                                                         **

"Betty," I hear from behind me as I walk to my locker. Already knowing who it was because of the voice. 

Finally she talks, finally she makes some move to speak to me after 3 days. 

"Hey Veronica," I reply, neither smiling nor frowning. 

"I have to tell you something," she sounds uncertain. Causing me to give her my full undivided attention. 

"Yeah," I bite my bottom lip softly, trying to help me relax. 

"I'm sorry....it's not your fault," she pauses. "If anything it's mine, going after someone that my friend could still possibly like, I got myself into this situation. ..Mostly, I'm sorry because I completely ignored you after, I just felt like you didn't want to be my friend anymore and after my last school and then being the new girl here. I was scared, scared that the one person that I finally clicked with would disappear on me, so I bailed," she explains her eyebrows furrowed as she nervously meets my eyes. 

"Ronnie, it's okay...I get it, okay I mean we're in High school these types of things are bound to happen...I'm just glad that we fixed the problem before it really ruined a amazing friendship...Because your my best friend V," I smile while grasping a hold of her hand.

She nods in reassurance smiling lightly, while I continue to speak. 

"And I don't know what my feelings are for Archie but....I do know that..I really like Jughead. A lot actually......-so much it hurts really," I smile looking down at my feet as I feel my cheeks flush.

"Wait did something happen between the two of you," she squeals slightly, squeezing my hand tighter causing me to glance back up. Nodding my head quickly.

"Oh my gosh, I knew you two would happen," she laughs. Not helping my blush disappear. Thinking back on the heated moment that had happened only minutes before.

"I don't know Ronnie, I mean we only kissed...I have no idea where it will lead to, but I really want it to, to lead to something," I bite my lip again, trying to contain the bright smile from appearing on my face. But it doesn't help, it shows up anyway. 

"I'm totally shipping you two now...but what about Archie," she suddenly says confused. 

"I don't know about Archie, as of now I don't feel any romantic feelings for him. I don't know what happened to me the other night, It was more than likely the alcohol. But kissing Jughead made me feel something I've never felt before... it made me feel safe. It made me feel like I was beautiful, and it made me feel like I finally found someone who really cares for me," I exclaim. Seeing as Veronica nods in approval with a big dopey smile on her face.  

"That's good, and Betty if you don't want me to be with Archie I won-"

"NO, Veronica you do what makes you happy. I've told you this before, if he makes you happy and you make him happy then go for it," I pull her in for a quick hug. 

"...see that's the thing, I don't think I'm the one that makes him happy," she mumbles, causing me to pull away. Confusion on my face, sadness on hers.

"V what are you talking about, how could you not make him happy...You should've seen his face when he first saw you, it lit up. I've never seen him look that happy and interested, only when he's talking to you," I pat her shoulder, but it doesn't seem to help. 

"See the thing is B, you may not like him...But there's a part of me that thinks he likes you," she states. My eyes widen in shock, there's no way. 

NO

                                                                                      **

SHORT CHAPTER, SORRY FOR THAT BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE AND SO I THOUGHT I'D WRITE FOR YOU ALL TODAY. 

I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, IT WAS REALLY FUN TO WRITE. 

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND VOTE IF YOU WANT ME TO CONTINUE WRITING BUGHEAD FANFICTION. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!