I fight to relieve the guilt until he came along.... 8

Recap:

"MY SON!"

*********  

Chapter 8:

[Evelynn's POV]  

I walked towards the reception and asked to visit Justin Stone. (A/N: Thanks for helping me pick out a name astrapi94 and levina101)

The nice old lady nodded and told me that his surgery was finish and was sucessful and was now resting in room 302A.

I replied with a thanks and left. Soon, I found his room. Nervous, I walked in the room and saw Justin lying there, unconscious.

I sat down on the chair and cried, taking his hand and crying, regretting that I wasn't there to protect him.

"I'm so sorry baby, mommy wasn't there. I know I promised i would but mommy had a very good excuse! I still love you ok? Everything will be alright." I cried.

There was a knock on the door and I saw Trystan there. He was covered in bandages and he had a cast on his left arm and his other hand held the IV pole thingy and the bag itself. He walked towards me and place an arm around my shoulders. I cried into his chest and when I stopped, I loocked up at his face.

"What happened?Where was James?Why isn't he with you? Why was Justin with you?" I question and cried.

I closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He said, " We got in a bad car crash after I picked up Justin. James was probably at his house and he wasn't with us because he is dying Lynn. Justin was with me because James said that he is your responsiblity now and you had to take him in now."

I waited as the words sunk in and as soon as they did, I felt tears once again well up in eyes.

James was dying and he left Justin to me. But what if he asks to see his father? What would I say?

'Oh Justin, your father is dead and he didn't want you to know because he didn't want you to cry. So yeah... Want some cookies?'

Oh how sweet! I know right. Please note sarcasm.

Justin wasn't my real child, but it was my best friend who left him.She was so young back then that she couldn't take care of it. So she had one wish for me and it's to pretend to be his mother. Then, one night I saw that my friend had left Justin to me and a note saying that she couldn't handle it anymore. She had the bags and stuff delivered to me. The next day I found out that She committed sucicide. James cried over her and so did i, so I just comforted him through his mourning. Then, one day we agreed that we would be a couple for Justin. We dated and took care of him. He was like my big brother but I was dating him.

I sat there waiting for him to wake up. I almost fell asleep, when some nurse came in and told me that I could stay the night and that Justin's father was here.

My eyes turned wide awake and since I was shocked I ran and saw James seated on the chairs near the room. I walked towards him and he lifted his head, spotting me from within a distance. He looked as if he was crying and he was shocked as I was. He stood up and I ran over to his arms. I buried my head into his chest and cried for what seems like forever.

He just stood there, hugging me tight and comforting me.

I lifted my head and looked into those brown eyes.

"I'm so sorry! James if only I knew! I-I-I-" I stuttered.

Suddenly I heard his deep, soft voice whisper," Shhhh... It's ok! You couldn't have known alright. We could only hope he wakes up soon."

"I heard that you were dying, is that true?" I asked worriedly.

"Umm... Yeah. I am dying from cancer." he told me.

"What? Isn't there a cure?" I asked hopefully.

"Ewing's sarcoma is curable but I don't think I want to cure it."

"Why? Please try getting it cured, if not for me then at least think about Justin.Please?" I pleaded.

"Ok i'll think about it." He said.

Suddenly We heard a cry,.

" MOOMMMYY! DADDDYY!!"