An Originals path of death

Arianna's POV 

I smiled, seeing Adrian amongst the many whom were invited to the Governor's splendid home, it wasn't as nice as our own, right in the heart of the French Quarter in New Orleans, but it had similar architecture, though, that didn't overcome the Governor's ignorance and obsessive slave possession.

"Aria," Adrian grinned, his soft lips touched my hand as he held it softly, "you are as beautiful as always, my love."

"You know, I think I may have discovered something. A matter of the highest importance." I answered. 

He pulled me closer, looking down into my eyes, "is it time then?"

"I think it is." I grinned, "let us ask my brothers."

He nodded and we made our way toward where I knew they were. Always did we say the same thing, I'd say that I have discovered something so utterly amazing, which was a secret way of saying I loved Adrian. I wasn't one for the deep love felt thing, but I felt something with him.

Perhaps it was happiness?

Or my ignorance... 

"They must of gone elsewhere," I told him, not seeing my siblings anywhere in sight. "Come, we shall go back to my home, it must be where they are."

Eventually, we had arrived, I pulled Adrian behind me as I quickly made my way toward the bottom floor of the compound. It was still about mid-afternoon, so that must of been the reason behind my siblings disappearance at the party. To get ready for the bigger one tonight. It would be magnificent, I was told.

"Nik, there you are," I said coming toward him. He stood in the middle of the compound, the slowly setting rays of the sun, shone down in the open area. It seemed as though Nik was going to say something until he tilted his head, noticing Adrian behind me.

"And who might you be?" He mused once we stood in front of him.

"I'm Adrian, we met several times prior to now." He answered, holding his head high, trying to seem confident.

"Oh yes, the human. Aria why have you brought this good for nothing man into our home, what purpose does this bring?"

"I wish to turn him. Please let me turn him Nik."

Nik grinned, looking between myself and Adrian. "You love her, don't you mate?" He asked, walking toward him, Adrian must of sensed the tone underneath his amusement because as Nik moved forward, Adrian moved back. Soon, his back hit the wall, I was uncertain what would play out, I knew Nik had problems when it came to myself and other men.

"Nik," I whispered, coming beside him, "what are you doing?"

"I do, yes." Adrian said, answering his question hesitantly.

"Let me guess, you wish to be one day married and live the rest of eternity together, forever. Is that what you are thinking, Adrian?" Nik growled, "because that will not happen, I won't allow this. You won't be turned, you will die and further more, I demand you leave this place, do not go near Aria again."

"Now listen here-" Adrian was cut off when Nik drew his sword, its point directly inline with his throat. I quickly moved in front of him, I did not with him to die, I want to turn him, why can't Nik see this?

"Nik please, I beg of you. Do not kil-"

"Come here, little sister." He said, tilting his head to the left for a moment, showing me where he wanted me to go. I knew this was a test, if I stayed where I was, Nik would think I chose Adrian over my family and he would end the humans life painfully, slowly. So, in hopes that Adrian would live to see the sun set today, I moved to stand beside my brother. He grabbed my waist, pulling me into him.