A Discussion Over Cinnamon Rolls Part 2

"It's not that hard." I say, helping Trina fix her feet.

"I just want to know enough to imitate you." She says, becoming my student.

"Because I want to be imitated, yes. But, I'll teach you. If you become addicted, do not blame me."

"I'm not that hardcore. I'll probably stop in like ten minutes and go get a sandwich." She shrugs, and Jared, who's sitting on the couch, doubles over in laughter. Her hair is now dark blue, and he likes this more than the black hair of that one period. Peter's upstairs, and he's still sleeping.

"What are you guys doing?" Sabrina asks, coming into the living room, holding a tray of cinnamon rolls. Jared takes it and sets it on his own lap, not caring about how hot the pan is.

"Trina wants me to teach her the basics of dance." I say, fixing her feet again. "Like this."

"That's nice." She says, going upstairs to try and wake Peter again. Sabrina has been acting more distant since I lost my ability to telecommunicate, or maybe it's just the fact that I'm dating her son. Or maybe she's just like this all the time. That's what I'd have to say, but she seemed different during that whole time when we were under a lot of stress to save to gang. But, stress makes you different.

The pain of losing my sister has dulled now. I don't think about it that much - I just don't have the time with school, dance, and a boyfriend. But, yesterday a boy named Jake from Seattle called to say thank you for his heart, and I cried for a solid two hours after that long phone call. But, I know that all grief goes away, or fades, over time.

Peter comes downstairs, his hair sticking up on one side of his head. He sits next to Jared and takes a cinnamon roll, putting his feet up on the ottoman and watching me teach Trina. She's not doing that great. True to her word, she does quit after about fifteen minutes, and sits on Jared's lap, moving the cinnamon rolls onto Peter's. I sit next to him.

"I saw another wolf out there." Sabrina says quietly, making us all jump. We'd all forgotten she was still in the room after she followed Peter downstairs.

"Really? We need to tell them to back off. This is our territory." Peter growls, eating his cinnamon roll with more fervor now.

"Don't go out there." Trina says, clinging to Jared, the color going out of her face. "I don't want any of you getting hurt. I almost died, and I can't lose any or you, or I'll die inside!"

"We're not going out there, T." Jared assures her, letting her bury her face in his neck. Trina never worries about anything, so you know that when she's freaked out, you better be too.

"You can talk to them when you're a wolf..." I say, turning to Peter.

"They avoid us then." He responds, putting his arm around me now.

"Hey, what do you guys want to do for spring break this year? There's no full moon or equinox."

"We should go up to San Francisco. I haven't been since I was little." Trina says.

"I've never been." Jared says, and I nod, agreeing with this statement.

"That sounds fun!" Sabrina says. "We could stay in a nice hotel and see all of the sites!"

"I like that idea." I say, leaning in against Peter. He sighs and rubs his cheek against the top of my head. He seems so calm now, and a devious thought creeps into my mind. "Hey Peter?"

"What?" He asks.

"Why did Alpha let you go?" I brace myself for the explosion, but instead, he deflates.

"Fine. I'll tell you." Trina's mouth opens and she grins, moving to sit on the ground in front of Peter. Sabrina sits in the chair, but not before taking a cinnamon roll from the pan on Peter's lap. I sit up, and Peter takes his arm back, scooting a little bit away from me to look me in the eyes. "You'll be mad."

"I won't." I say, looking at his worried expression. "I promise." The room grows quiet. The smell of the cinnamon rolls hangs in the air, and Jared grabs one more, rubbing his fingers to get rid of the excess cinnamon. Trina fans her bangs out in front of her eyes, and then blows them away. Sabrina licks her lips absentmindedly, and I unclench my hand, laying it across the arm of the couch. I notice it's not shaking. I'm not scared of whatever Peter is going to say. I'm not scared of much of anything anymore.

"Alpha was beating me. They wanted to know who we told that wolves were real." As he tells the story, I can picture the story like I'm standing in the room. We were in the parking lot when Peter was being questioned again.

"Tell us!" Mike screams at Peter, and Peter flinches as Mike backhands him across the face again. There's nothing stopping him from hitting Mike back, but Mike doesn't seem that afraid of that possibility.

"I'll never tell you who she is!" Peter screams back at him, shaking his hair out of his face and spitting up blood.

"We know it's a girl. Nehmo is combing through every security camera to find out who you told, and we know it wasn't your little girlfriend. You signed a contract with us, remember? You said that she was just a girlfriend, and if you told her, we had the right to lock you and her up."

"I know. I remember. I didn't tell Christy. She's dead now, so it doesn't matter." Peter says, a hint of panic and helplessness coming into his voice. A series of footsteps stomp past the room Peter's in and he turns his ear to the door, straining to hear as far as his super hearing will let him.

"Tell me!" Mike says, catching him by surprise with his next blow. Peter falls out of his chair and doesn't move once he's on the ground. Mike kicks him in the side and he cries out, begging Mike to stop what he's doing. "I'll stop when you tell us!"

"I can't tell you!" Peter sobs, trying to sit up. The door opens and Peter collapses back to the ground. It's a guard, dressed in black from head to toe.

"The girl that those wolves told is in the parking lot."

"No, Charlie." Peter moans, barely moving.

"Her name's Charlie?"

"Charlie Neal. My dead girlfriend's sister." Peter says spitefully. He passes, thinking of what to say next. "She's my mate, stupid." Mike's jaws drops and he runs out of the room, running straight for Nehmo's office.