Busted (EDITED)

Previously on Runaway...

Jakes POV
Just as I'm about to insult him for the..... 40th time today, I hear the trees above us rustling viciously. There's no wind, it's a dry sunny day. Just then some blood falls on the floor next to us, it's the intruders' blood.......

You should know something about me I hate blood, and cuts and them really gross dirty things people get. So when a drop of blood fell from above, I almost shit myself.

I'm not proud of it because I'm a wolf I'm meant to be fearless, but nope I'm scared of spiders, cuts, the Alpha (sometimes), and women on their period.

So I'm not exactly the fearless hero you were expecting, was I?

Luna's POV

I felt wolves close by running towards my location, I freaked the hell out they were coming at me extremely fast. They were strong presences and to top it off I don't trust any wolf.

So I did the only rational thing, I could think of I climbed the nearest tree.

I've never once climbed a tree in all my life, so it was a surprise when I could easily pull myself up and get to the highest point of the tree. In all the hurry to get up the tree, I cut my wrist on the branch and now I am bleeding. It hurts and my cut has got pieces of tree bark in it now.

I was about to get myself comfy on the branch and fix my cut when two young men come speeding into my clearing.

They were the wolves I felt racing towards me, they mumble a few words to each other then start looking around my clearing.

I hear one of them say to himself 'where is that wolf I know she's here somewhere!' I'm petrified, I can sense their ranks the black haired guy is a beta (great!) and the other one is a gamma (yay...) Note the sarcasm.

I try to shuffle out of their line of view, in case they look up to my tree. But I make the tree shake, causing them to get suspicious. But they still don't look up (dummies) whilst I'm mentally scalding myself for making the tree shake, my blood drops on to the floor next to them from my open cut.

Ugh, I hate nature...

Well, it's over they will look up, see me, climb up the tree to get me, then kill me and lastly, laugh about killing me.

I don't think I've had a 'good day' in over 17 years, but this has got be the worst so far, wait actually probably not. Well, this is sad. Through my life, I've never been fully happy... But I have had days where I wasn't completely miserable, I was only a bit miserable. So that's something.

He looks up, the gamma. He sees me, now he's tapping the beta telling him to look up, they both look upwards gawking at me. I hate it when people look at me, I can tell they're silently judging my body all my scars and bruises and cuts.

I look ugly to them. I am ugly.

Then the beta says something that makes me want to rip his classically handsome head off of his shoulders but of course I can't, he's a beta to a pack. I'm just some weak injured girl, I won't last a second in a fight with either of them.

The beta says to me, " Little pup come down out of that tree we won't hurt you." Did that ass of a beta just call me a pup? I'm 18 for moon goddess' sake, I know I'm small but this is just ridiculous.

His words make me growl back at him "I am not a pup you ass I'm 18!" Well, he did not expect that. The gamma was just laughing at him, laughing that 'the girl in the tree' called him an ass.

He had a very contagious laugh, it was low but sweet.

Luna shut up! What are you doing? Don't you remember what Angie said? Don't trust anyone!