23

"How could he do this?" I kept repeating those words the whole way back to my father's office. "How could he do this?!"

Kuro kept asking me what was wrong, but I refused to answer him. I was furious with my father, furious with Natsuki, furious with the company, furious with the world, furious with myself.

"Miss Oshiro, the Chairman is in the middle of a reuni--" The poor secretary was shoved aside by none other than me. Screw his reunion, I needed to let this anger out on the right source.

Slamming the door open, I startled all of the men that were inside. There were around sixteen men that looked at me with confused expressions, I didn't care about those elite suit-and-tie grumpy and cunning bastards, there were just two people inside that room that got my attention. At the end of the table, there was the man that was the source of all that anger, that disgusting feeling of betrayal, my father. On the seat next to him, there was the man that I fell in love, the man that supported me when no one else did, the man that I thought it was my friend, Natsuki. They looked at me simultaneously, both getting opposite reactions. While my father looked defiantly at me, Natsuki seemed shocked by my appearance there.

"Get. Out." I hissed to the nuisances.

"We're in the middle of an important reunion, why don't you go and play with your dolls, darling?" A fat old man that I recognised as a CEO of a perfume company let out a scoff. That man always liked to look down on my father, but as my father's company started to climb higher and higher, he became desperate to do a collaboration with him. I despised that man.

I walked towards the man and grabbed his tie violently. The collar of the shirt tighten up as I kept pushing the end of the tie. The man started struggling, but I didn't care.

"How about I play with your dead body?" I looked coldly at the man. "Isn't that a better idea?"

Many pairs of hands pushed me away from the man. "Don't make me repeat myself."

The man ran away from the office and the rest of the suited men in the room followed the order. There were just Natsuki, my father and myself in the room - Kuro didn't count because he was in his cat form.

"So, you've already seen the envelope." My father looked at me arrogantly. "You made me loose a potential investment because of your little tantrum."

"I don't give a shit about your investment, I don't give a shit about you!" I shouted. "And you!" I pointed to Natsuki. "You're nothing more than a traitor to me."

Natsuki emotionless expression never left his handsome face, which pissed me off even more. "All you have done was under my father's orders?!" I asked him. "Everything?!"

"Everything." He nodded shortly.

"When you ran away, I ordered Natsuki to call your manager and get your number so he could go to you." My father stated. "I knew you would give your exact location to him right away."

I clenched my fist. "All what you said and done for me, was all scripted by my father?" I ignored my father's voice, I didn't want to even hear his voice.

"All of it." Natsuki answered. "I am an actor because your father financed me to do it in exchange of watching you."

I was more than hurt, more than angry. The betrayal was enormous and I couldn't contain all of the emotions I was feeling. I grabbed a chair and threw it in direction of my father, who easily dodged.

"Don't let your anger eat you, if you cause anymore scenes inside this building, I will cut off your allowance." My father narrowed his eyes.

"Do it, I never used your money to begin with!" I grabbed my purse and shoved him the black cards he sent to me recently. "The others were thrown in the fire. All of them." I shouted. "I've never needed your money and I never will, even if I become homeless, even if I'm on the verge of starving to death, I'll never use your money!"

My father eyes widened in shock. "You have been cancelling the accounts? Do you know how the amount of dead money you have been deleting?"

"I don't care." I said. "Everything that comes from you is unacceptable." I grabbed my bag. "Do you know how difficult it was for me when mother died? Do you know the pain I felt when I lost grandpa?" I looked at him with pure anger in his eyes. "Do you know how much I waited for you to give me attention?" I scoffed. "Of course you do, Mr. Traitor over there must have given you all the details." I shot a glance at Natsuki but quickly averted my attention to my father. "I hate you."

Without noticing my father's reaction, I turned around and walked away from the building.

Outside, it was pouring densely. My manager was nowhere to be seen and I didn't want to wait for a taxi. I walked to an empty alley and opened Kuro's travel bag. He looked concerned about me, but he didn't ask me anything.

"What would you like me to do?" He simply asked.

"Just take me home, please." I sighed in order to contain the tears. "As fast as you can go."

"Okay." He turned into his human form and I got on his back. He dashed through the buildings and rooftops with an amazing speed - for a lazy vampire. My head was in a turmoil, so agitated like an ocean on a storm, I didn't know where to start and obviously didn't think about a solution for the matter.

As we entered through the window and my feet felt the soft fabric of the carpet, I fell on my knees and cried. Cried a river if I must add. The pain that I felt, the anger that boiled, I let it all out in loud sobs. I hated my father, I felt betrayed by Natsuki.

Kuro

S

eeing Aura crying like a broken child hurts me more than a thousand stabs. She looked so lost, so confused and hurt.

Servamps shouldn't feel bad for their Eve's sadness, but I didn't have an option. No, more like there was no other option. I wanted to comfort her and tell her that it will pass with time - at least in my case was like that.

I crouched down next to her and patted her back slowly. She did that to me once, even tough that I was not crying or sad. It relaxed me and made me feel fine, so I tried to do that on her.

After a long period of time, the loud sobs faded and she stopped crying. Her eyes were puffy and red from all those tears that she cried and on her cheeks were trails of the tears. It pained me to see her like that.

"I want to go away from here, Kuro." She said weakly. "I want to be away from them."

I didn't know what to say. I kept silent as I watched her get closer to me and hug me tight. My arms automatically embraced her and she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Please, don't betray me too." She whispered.

"I wouldn't do that to you, you're my Eve." I replied with honesty.

"Thank you Kuro, for being here with me." With that, she fell asleep in my arms and I spent the whole night patting her back. The feeling of my chest tightening was there all night, I needed to get used to it.

______

So sad that I could die.

See what I did there? 😏😏

I'm not funny, I know.