14

For the rest of the night, Kuro didn't say a word to me. After he drank a little bit more than he should, he lifted me up and placed me on the bed. In his red eyes - that weren't that vibrant red anymore - the feeling of guilt and sadness were evident. I assured him that I was fine, but it was obviously a lie. I felt drowsy and my breath was a little bit weak, but other than that I felt fine - I wondered if it was because I helped Kuro getting better.

However, Kuro still felt guilty and decided to go for a walk - at that hour of the night. He didn't even dare to look at me in the eye.

That grumpy cat...

Mahiru had arrived some minutes after Kuro left. He was already sleeping in his room - after he checked if I was sleeping too. He must have finished his task for the festival, I couldn't wait to see it.

Looking at the window, I let out a long sigh before I got out of bed  and dressed up a pair of comfortable black leggings and black sneakers, along with a blue hoodie. And yes, I still felt drowsy but I was playing cool, it's not like Kuro could go too far.
Silently, I locked the house and started looking for Kuro. There were some streets that I was certain that I would find Kuro, for example, the tight alley where I found him. It wasn't far from Mahiru's place, but in the middle of the night, anywhere would get spooky.

Walking down the silent street, I got to that familiar alley where once I had found a small and black fuzz ball that I didn't know that it would become so much to me in a very short time. Kuro was more than my pet/servamp, he was a friend and friends support each other.

"Kuro!" I shouted his name. It echoed through the empty street and slowly faded. I didn't even think about gangsters being around - or bad people in general.

Seriously, where the hell is he?

(Time skip meh meh)

The chilly night couldn't get worse. Kuro was nowhere to be found, at least at the places that we passed by together. I tried calling him many times, but he probably had forgotten the phone at home.

I had this chilly feeling that someone was following me as I reached the last place that I could think where Kuro could be, a nearby park where I ate nuggets with him. Whoever was following me was keeping a safe distance so I couldn't hear his/her footsteps as I walked.

Silly person, I know self-defense and I have pointy nails today, so try me.

I stopped in my tracks and sat on a bench near me, waiting for the person to come closer. Gladly, it was just one because I only have strength for one. The drowsiness got worse than I expected and it was starting to blur my vision.

"I know you are there." I said loud enough for the person to hear it. "If you want to do something bad to me, run away now, I'll spare your life." Yup, I was playing cool.

The mysterious shadow slowly came closer towards my direction. While the person was approaching, I distinguish some male features, although he seemed tall - much taller than Kuro. My heart skipped a beat when I thought that it was Kuro who was walking towards me, but that idea vanished completely as I spotted a caramel blond-ish short hair. My eyes widened when I notice the boy's clothing, his chest was barely covered! His pink shirt was buttoned in only one button, his belly was showing - which a good looking one I might say - and his dark suit was unevenly dressed as if he was used to walk around like that.

"Hello," The boy smiled. "You are Aura Oshiro, right?"

I gasped. "How did you know?"

"My name is All of Love, the second youngest servamp!" The caramel haired boy bowed. "Nice to finally see you!"