22

That day couldn't be worst. By my manager schedule, I was supposed to have a day-off that I planned to spend at home watching TV or playing video-games or anything that I could imagine inside my mind. But then, I've received the lovely announcement that my father wanted to see me. That used to occur once in four months, but about a week or so, he's been constantly sending e-mails or phone calls to my manager in order to mark an appointment with me. Of course, I would postponed the day because I didn't want to meet him, but it turned out that I couldn't run away that time.

"I'm sorry Aura, he personally called me and demanded an appointment today." My manager said while driving me to my father's company.

"I don't like it, what does he want anyways?" I asked furiously.

"I-I don't know, he didn't tell me the details." I sighed. "Fine, I'll try to handle him for a couple of hours."

Kuro was inside his travel as usual, he kept listening to our conversation until he fell asleep. It passed weeks since the kiss incident and things were back to normal, except the fact that Kuro started to sleep in his room instead of mine. It felt empty without him there, but soon I got used to it. It was for the best of me - and my devotion for Natsuki.

"We're here." I looked at my father's company building. That huge glassy tower that was one of the highest buildings in town, I've never liked it, it was too empowering.

I grabbed Kuro's travel bag and walked straight to the elevators, making the security guards bow to me in respect, they must have been notified that I would be there.

"Welcome, Miss Oshiro." The secretary bowed. "The Chairman has been waiting for your arrival."

She led me to the huge double doors that brought me sad memories that I despised. It was never a placed that I enjoyed, not even when Mother was alive. The doors opened and there he was, on his desk, admiring the town underneath him as if he was some kind of ruler. The man I called father turned around and faced me with the usual blank expression.

"You're late." He said. "Ten minutes late."

"What do you want?" I asked him coldly.

"Sit, there's an important matter to discuss." He glanced over the armchair in front of him.

"Just hurry." I told him as I sat down and placed Kuro's bag on the other armchair. "I don't want to be here for too long."

"As you know, the Oshiro Empire is gathering attention from all over Asia. We are known for our massive power and quality products." He started. "This company however, needs to be promoted to another target: teenagers. That's where you enter the plan." He looked at me serious. "You're going to be sponsored by our company to promote our newest project."

I was taken aback by his order. "You plan all of this without my consent, again." I clenched my fist. "You think I'll do this just because you said so?" I looked at him with icy eyes. "You don't change, do you?"

"This is a huge boost on your career." He closed his eyes. "And it would expand us globally."

"I don't care." I got up. "I refuse to do whatever you planned." I grabbed Kuro's bag and walked towards the door. But then, my father's voice stopped me.

"There's another matter that I would like you to see." He walked over me and gave me an envelope. "This is a file that was recently given to me and destined for you, I hope it opens your eyes and makes you quit on your childish attitudes."

"You're the one who made me like this." I opened the door and slammed it. The nerve of that man!

The envelope however got my interest. What could possibly be inside that would make me regret my decisions? My past?

I went to a part of the building that was the most quiet - the little room for guest of minor importance. I might not like that place, but doesn't mean that I didn't explore it when I was a kid.

I opened the envelope and spilled its content to the table. There were two documents and five photos. All of the photos had the same person in it, placed in different occasions.

"Why is Natsuki in all of the photos?" I mumbled.

Three pictures were taken with a woman, a beauty I add. They were smiling and holding hands at a park.

My vision was blurring as I read the documents. They were copies of a contract between my father and Natsuki.

"He was spying on me this all time." I forced a laugh. "Natsuki is working under my father's company."

Kuro's head appeared from the bag and I could feel his worried gaze on me, but I had no strength to look at him. I would immediately cry and I didn't want that to happen.

Natsuki was the first actor that my father sponsored, according to the documents. One of his main duties was promote the Oshiro Empire in Japan and overseas, making the company gather an enormous amount of money.

f.1) the employee in question will fulfil daily missions of personal sort to the employer; if it's not of the employee's consent, the employer has the right to cancel any type of sponsorship and contract.

f.2) the daily missions of personal sort will be given to the employee at random times of the day, depending on what A's actions. If A is feeling down, the employee must report to the employer and take action when the order is given; in any circumstances the employee will act on his own will towards A.

"How awful," My fist clenched in order to retain the tears. "He was never my friend to begin with, he was just following orders."

There was no more doubts. I despised my father.

________

Ayy such a dark chapter.

Just like my soul. Dark.

Kidding 🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈