Going The Extra Mile

Angst
Started: 10-03-17
Finished: 10-03-17
Published: 10-12-17
~~~

"Going the extra mile..."

He worked so hard.

Kuroko was always there for Akashi, whether it was simply just cheering him up or being there for support,
he was always there, not like he minded though. Kuroko liked Akashi; yes, he liked the infamous, sadistic, scary,
cold basketball captain ever since middle school.

He would always try to get the latter's attention, which was pretty hard considering that Akashi was famous, rich, and had a huge fan base. One could even say he has more fans than the charming Kise Ryouta, who was also part of the Generation of Miracles.

He was exhausted.

Kuroko watched from afar as Akashi was being crowded by his many fans. Kuroko came by to hang out with the short red-head, which became a daily routine for him. Akashi noticed the teal-head and excused him from his fans. While making his way to the teal-head, he flashed him a smile-more of smirk. Kuroko then smiled in response however, it was not a proper smile, but a tired one.

"Tetsuya, are you okay? You seem a bit off today."
Akashi asked as his heterochromatic eyes gazed the teal-head.

"I'm fine, Akashi-kun. I'm just a little tired."
The teal-head replied, calm as ever.

"Tired? Have you been busy with school lately, Tetsuya?"

'No, not with school, Akashi-kun, but with how oblivious you are.'
Kuroko wanted to say, but just kept it in his mind.

What Akashi said next shocked Kuroko, he was not expecting that to come out of the absolute, independent, perfect emperor's mouth.

"I'm glad I met you, Tetsuya" Akashi said.
Kuroko looked at Akashi, still as calm as ever-but no, in the inside, Kuroko was surprised.

"Still as calm as ever, huh?"
Akashi chuckled at the now confused Kuroko.

"Wha-" before Kuroko could finish, he was interrupted

"Not like it mattered, though..." he paused and turned towards the teal-head,
then did something he rarely does; something that almost made Kuroko burst into tears of joy;

He smiled.

No, not his sadistic, creepy smile, but a sincere one.

"I'm glad I met you, Tetsuya." The red-head repeated

That gave him hope...
so much hope that he kept going.

He worked harder than he already did...
he went the extra mile,

Kuroko was overworked, stressed, and loosing money. That didn't seem to bother him though. He seemed happy, like he didn't have a problem in the world. He was walking towards Rakuzan; the school wherein a certain red-head goes to, in hand is a paper bag filled with another gift for Akashi.

Yes, ANOTHER gift for the red-head. Ever since that day, Kuroko became more persistent; he would buy Akashi gifts, which caused him to work in his part-time job more often to also pay for the rent to his apartment. Aside from that, his grades were also going down. Though, that still didn't bother him.

but...

As he walked towards the gates of Rakuzan, he spotted a familiar figure, beside the figure was a girl...

"Going the extra mile won't always be a good thing."

"I love you Sei~" the feminine voice spoke, followed by a giggle.

"I love you too." the red-head's voice was filled with sincerity, and his eyes with love.

~

"I love you too, Akashi-kun." a certain teal-head's voice whispered as tears streamed down his face, unnoticed, like how he was before he met him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So? How was my first one-shot?

Sad? No? Okay... (._.)

Anyways, hopefully you enjoyed reading this one-shot!(*'︶'*)╯♡

~Author