67. Look real hard

Ya'll hold tight. This one's gonna be wobbly.

Jinyoung tapped his fingers impatiently on the arm chair he was resting his arm on as he stared across the room towards his refrigerator, biting down his hunger.

Just one snack.... he thought, and immediately shook his head of ridiculous, nonsensical ideas. They had dinner reservations at 5:30 pm in Lian's favorite dim sum house. He should at least do her a favor and show up starving, right? Since she's paying (which is beyond rare), he should show his appreciation by ordering up a storm. Right?

Jinyoung's gaze retreated from the fridge and with a frown, landed on the maknaes who were practically dying of hunger. His frown turned into a purse of distaste as he remembered why he wasn't on his way towards the restaurant now as he talked to himself. The maknaes had agreed to wait for their Mark hyung to grace them with his presence instead of directly going to the planned restaurant.

"But Mark hyung was already on his way here and he didn't know we had dinner reservations...." BamBam explained but drifted off when he saw the stern glare Jinyoung was giving him.

"Bam," Yugyeom called his best friend, who was laying down beside him. "I don't think Mark hyung's gonna show."

Yugyeom could already feel his insides eating at him. This was the first time he actually felt hungry. Wow, first world problems much?

"Nonsense," BamBam said dismissively. "If Mark hyung said he's on his way, he is on his way."

Yugyeom rolled his eyes and laid his head back on the carpeted floor. A few minutes later, they could hear the sound of the door unlocking and the footsteps coming and Mark Tuan appearing right before their very eyes.

The three sighed in relief—and albeit in exasperation—as they grabbed hold of their hyung, dragging him back to the door, into the elevator and down to the underground carpark. FINALLY, THEY CAN GO AND EAT.

"Well, hello to you too," Mark casually greeted as they practically shoved him onto the shotgun seat. "Not much in a hurry now, are we?"

"Don't get so cocky, hyung." Jinyoung warned as he settled behind the wheel, the maknaes occupying the backseats. "We're not exactly happy with you."

Mark rolled his eyes as the other boy pulled out the parking space. "Not you too. Tammy almost pummeled me the moment I walked through our front door."

"Ha!" BamBam vengefully spat. "Serves you right!"

Mark whirled behind him to glare at the boy who sank deep in his seat sheepishly.

"So hyung," Jinyoung said, in a serious tone. "What really happened? Where'd you go?"

Yugyeom and BamBam inched closer like they were some gossip-driven ahjummas, suddenly forgetting the empty void in their stomachs.

"Just had to deal with some stuff..." Mark mysteriously said. "Went to Vietnam and then to Bali."

Jinyoung glared at his hyung with much much hatred. "You went to Bali."

Mark nodded, though he regretted admitting to it the minute he felt the murderous aura filling the car up.

"Traitor," the boys said in unison, as if they've been practicing it.

Awkwardly clearing his throat, Mark side-glanced at Jinyoung to address more pressing matters. "Uh, so I heard Lian's here?"

Jinyoung shifted in his seat uncomfortably. He was trying to avoid that very topic. But oh well. "Yeah. She's here with her mom and some friends."