24. Roadtrip to candyland

Jackson woke up when his phone vibrated to life. He groaned and reached under the pillow and realized someone was calling him. Cursing and mentally stabbing the caller, he accepted the call without even reading the caller ID.

Whoever this is, they're dead.

Jackson did not know what time it was but he knew it was way too early for him to be opening his eyes for whatever creature that decided to call him at this ungodly hour.

"Fuck, whatever it is, it better be good." Jackson greeted.

"Is that how you talk to your hyung now, Jackson?" He jerked upright when he heard the voice.

Scratching his head, he smiled sheepishly even though JB couldn't see him right now. "Uh... Hehe, sorry, hyung."

"Are you still sleeping? Yah! Wake up! We're already outside your house!!!" He heard Jinyoung yell from the other line.

Jackson glanced at his alarm clock by his nightstand. 5:03 am.

I DON'T CARE IF HE'S OLDER THAN ME. I WILL BUTCHER HIM FOR WAKING ME UP THIS EARLY.

"What's up?" Jackson coolly asked, contrast to his thoughts as he pushed back his hair.

"Are you dumb? We're going to Jinyoung's." It was Youngjae this time.

Right. Shit. But the kid did not have to be so rude. Jackson just let it go this time but if he ever did that again, he will face the wrath of almighty JACKSON WANG.

"Wait, I'm going down," Jackson said before throwing the phone on his bed and getting up. He did not need to take a bath since he already did so the night before, he just changed and took his bag where all his clothes were and the paper bag where he placed all the presents he was going to give the boys... and girl.

Jackson was happy he can come with his friends, after all. His father arrived just the other night and told him he can get a quick break. When he reached the gate, he could already see JB's van parked on the other side of the road. They always use JB's van for road trips, it was big and spacious and it fit all of them without being too crowded. They didn't call it Kidnap Van for no reason. Jackson crossed the road and got in the van and sat beside the maknaes.

"Drive, JB. We still need to go to Mark's before leaving." Jinyoung said in the front seat. JB was driving.

"I thought they weren't coming?" Jackson asked.

"Lian told me she has stuff to give," Youngjae said as he played with his DS.

And so they drove off. When they reached the Tuan's house, the guards let them through but no one from inside the house answered the intercom. They tried calling Mark and Lian but they wouldn't pick up. That's why the boys decided to break in.

"Hyung! Over here!" Jackson heard BamBam yell from the yard. They followed his voice which led them to the yard behind the huge villa. BamBam had a shit-eating grin on his face as he climbed the swing and stood on its roof.

"Yah. You're going to fall!" JB said in his big brother tone that annoys the hell out of everyone.

"No, we just need to jump from here and into Mark hyung's balcony just like last time." BamBam explained. Jackson smiled in realization. What a smart kid, BamBam was! Why hadn't Jackson thought of that? The swing was perfectly aligned to Mark's balcony. They did it last time, sneaking in a sleeping Mark's room and tiptoeing out.

BamBam climbed first, followed by Jackson. When they reached the balcony, the drapes of the glass walls were closed. The two waited for the rest of the boys to jump before getting in.