38. Paranoid

How long has he been doing this? What else has he been keeping from her?

Every night since that night, Lian had noticed Mark sneaking out just a little over midnight. She pretended not to notice anything and acted normal in front of Mark and their friends.

Jinyoung noticed her forced laughter and fake smiles though, she avoided him the most so she wouldn't have to spill her guts out to him. He just had that effect on her, the kind of aura that made you want to tell him even your deepest darkest secrets buried in the depth of your soul.

It's been days since she found out about Mark racing again, she didn't know how long he's been doing it but she knew it was no good. Did he not learn his lesson? Wasn't the sole reason for them getting arranged together was so that Mark stopped his racing and Lian needed to get cultured? It pissed her off but she didn't want to confront him about it because she was afraid he'd find her annoying.

Lian couldn't even get proper sleep anymore. How could she sleep like a baby knowing Mark was still out there? What if he'd get caught in a raid or got in an accident or something? She tried not to care, she really did but images of Mark in the worst case scenarios keep flashing in her head, so she just goes back to worrying to no end every time.

Mark had a pattern too. He'd sneak out every other night and tonight was one of those nights, except instead of sulking in her room, something snapped in Lian. Out of nowhere she just got the urge to bust him. Or maybe it was just Krystal threatening her that she'd come to Hong Kong and talk to Mark herself that made Lian do what she was about to do.

At around 1 am, when she heard Mark's lambo roar to life, she tiptoed her way out of her room and into the hallway with Kitty-chan following behind her. She slowly turned the door knob to Mark's room, cringing when it creaked as she opened it.

Looking nervously around one last time to make sure no one was around, she swiftly went in and closed the door behind her. She heard something bump against the door and turned around in horror at the sound, then relaxed when she realized she left Kitty-chan outside. She opened the door again to let the cat in who just looked at her with its piercing glare.

"Shhh!" Lian hissed at her pet.

When Kitty-chan meowed as if to say sorry, Lian continued walking and sat on a leather recliner Mark had in the corner of his room.

It was dark and all the lights were off. Lian was just sitting there, wondering why she let Krystal talk her into doing this. She took out her phone, the screen illuminating her face.

She tapped on the screen for the messages, opened their groupchat and started typing furiously.

ianniewong: KRYSTAL WHAT HAVE U DONE
krystaldashian: hahahahahahhahahahahaha
amberdallama: krystal what did u make her do???
krystaldashian: did u get in li?
ianniewong: YES. what now?!
krystaldashian: now u wait.
amberdallama: what is happening???¿¿¿
krystaldashian: lian is waiting for mark to come back
amberdallama: like a true house wife
ianniewong: noooo I'm just curious with what he's been up to!!!
krystaldashian: pssssh just admit it li!
amberdallama: yes li just admit it!!!
ianniewong: u guys are no help! BYE!
amberdallama: deuces!
krystaldashian: bye bye bb girl!

Lian locked her phone before dropping it to her lap. The time was still 2:17 and she had no idea what time Mark would be back. She reached for Kitty-chan instead and petted her head, the cat sluggishly curled up closer to her feet, rubbing its head on her before going back to sleep.

"Ohhh, Kitty-chan. He's bad! He's bad but he does it so well...!" She sighed as she continued playing with Kitty-chan's fur. The cat only purred in reply.