60. Safety Net

The next couple of days have been uneventful although Mark still felt like he was being followed. He kept reminding himself that the crazy stalker was now safely confined in the hospital and she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon so Mark could only say that yes, maybe this time he really was just paranoid. And yes, maybe it was just the trauma of being right when he thought he was being followed the first time.

Life went on. The maknaes still caused trouble. Youngjae still slept on all his classes. Jinyoung still nagged them about discounts in his coffee shop. Jackson and Youngji still bickered, though they bicker quite differently now—it was almost as if they flirt through bickering. JB still looked constipated when he smiles and Mark and Lian still made the whole gang sick when they do PDA. The only difference was, each one of them were extra careful now in fear of a repeat of the stalker bit.

Zei had freaked out when he found out about what happened to his dear mei mei. He felt bad about not knowing what was going on when it was still building up and promised Lian he'd be home more often. He even went as far as leaving his normal ass house in Ngongping just so he and Lian can move to a penthouse near JYP so he wouldn't have to stay out when he gets too busy with work.

Mark was just grateful that when the incident happened, Mino was there to protect Lian which was why he let Mino be friends with his girlfriend. It didn't exactly mean that he trusted the boy, it just meant that Mino earned his respect.

Now the boys were all at Jinyoung's flat just lazing around one Saturday afternoon, BamBam and JB playing PS4 while the rest of them were sprawled out on the floor in bean bags and fluffy carpets.

If Mark hadn't known about Jinyoung's soft but player act, he would've thought Jinyoung was gay if he based it all on how the boy decorated his place. Too much fluffy stuff. Too much.

"What are we having for dinner, hyung?" Yugyeom asked no one in particular as he lazily rolled on the floor.

"We just had pizza not thirty minutes ago," Youngjae reminded. He was also on the floor next to Yugyeom. Though unlike the maknae, Youngjae was wriggling.

Jackson watched them curiously. He had no idea what they were high on but it looked fun so he joined them. He made dust angels. "Can we get Chinese take out?"

Jinyoung giggled. "Chinese take out."

"What's so funny?"

"We're on Chinese land and you still call it Chinese takeout." Jinyoung giggled again. "I just find it so funny."

Jackson wondered what he was high on too.

"I want yum cha," Mark drawled as he tried to  hit Yugyeom's butt with his foot. Yugyeom noticed what his hyung was trying to do so he kicked his leg to Mark's direction. Mark caught Yuggie's leg and dangled the maknae upside down.

JB glanced at them for a moment to make sure no one was dying. "Yah. No killing the maknae."

"Hyung, you should be more concerned about yourself," BamBam chided, his eyes still focused on the huge screen showing their game. "You're about to get killed. By a maknae."

Jinyoung yawned. "You guys. Don't you think things are getting too boring?"

Mark turned to the boy questioningly.

"I mean, the ocean is too calm?" Jinyoung explained.

Youngjae snorted. "Hyung. You mean the calm before the storm?"

Jinyoung nodded.

"But the storm already passed," Yugyeom said. "And we got away unscathed—" he then remembered Mino and his graze, "—mostly."