26 | the waterslide

THE water slide Jungkook had chosen to start with was huge. The tubes that made it were a royal blue with white graffiti painted all over it. It had a giant funnel shaped tube at the top of it, followed by intricate curves and tunnels which all lead to the pool at the bottom where a lifeguard resided. Overall, it looked absolutely terrifying. Jimin watched as kids ran past him, climbing excitedly up the stairs to get to the top.

"I am n-not g-going on that th-thing!" Jimin said, looking at Jungkook, who had a charming smile playing on his lips.

"It's not as bad as it looks, trust me." Jungkook chuckled, "Let's go."

"Why couldn't we start with something more simple?"

"That's boring."

Jimin looked back at the giant water slide uncertainly. As he was going to turn back and tell Jungkook that there was no way in hell he was going on that thing, the younger had taken his hand and started to pull him towards the stairs. He felt like his brain had short circuited, all he could focus on was how soft Jungkook's hand was.

He allowed the younger to pull him up the stairs. Jungkook dropped his hand once they were halfway up and there were too many people behind them for Jimin to move past. Jimin bit his lip, disappointed at the loss of contact.

"I wonder if anyone's ever died on this?" Jimin heard a boy around the age of twelve say to his friend up ahead. He turned to Jungkook with a look of terror.

"Relax, you'll be fine." Jungkook gave him that charming smile from before, "I'll keep you safe, promise."

Jimin's heart jumped at that, "Wh-What if I f-fall out?"

"Then I'll pull you back into the raft."

"What i-if you f-f-fall out?"

"Then you'll pull me back into the raft." Jungkook said, then his smile turned into the frown, "You will do that right?"

"Probably n-not," Jimin chuckled hesitantly, "I-I'd be t-too busy p-panicking."

"Then I'll try not to fall."

Jimin just nodded, looking up at the several sets of stairs they still had to climb. He was getting tired. They climbed, stopping every once and a while, having to wait before the could continue. They reached the top five minutes later.

There was a large pool where two life gaurds resided. The water came up to their ankles. Behind them was a large opening in a tube in the pool that was the beginning of the water slide. Jimin could see the lifeguards spinning the people in their rafts and splashing them as they began to go down the water slide. He noticed for the kid from before getting in and remembered the kids question. Had anybody died?

"It's almost our turn." Jungkook said, and Jimin could tell he was obviously trying to hide his excitement in his voice. He briefly wondered how the hell Jungkook wasn't scared.

They waited for about two minutes before it was finally their turn. He carefully climbed into the raft, sitting across from Jungkook, their legs spread out in front of them. He grasped the straps to hold onto.

"Ready, boys?" The lifeguard asked. She looked like she was around thirty and had firey red hair that looked almost orange in the sun.

Jungkook nodded. That was all it took before she was spinning them towards the opening. Soon they were in darkness. It wasn't that bad at the beginning, until the twists came in. They had Jimin letting out little yelps. The worst part was the funnel. He was practically screeching when they went to the top of the funnel and spun back down. Jungkook was laughing.

Jimin felt like passing out by the time they reached the bottom. They tumbled out of the raft, and Jimin had to grab onto Jungkook in order to make it out of the pool.

"Wasn't that fun?"

"I think I'm g-gonna p-pass out." Jimin responded, blinking dizzily.

"You're fine." Jungkook laughed, it sounded sweet to Jimin's ears.

"W-What now?"

"I'm assuming you don't want to go on another water slide?"

Jimin looked at him in horror, "G-God no!"

"Want to get food then? So you have some time to recover. We could get ice cream." Jungkook gave Jimin a mischievous smile, "It will get your blood sugar up."

"That's s-s-sounds g-good." Jimin nodded.

Jungkook chuckled, "Okay, let's go find a place that sells ice cream here."

Jimin blinked as he dizzily followed Jungkook. He was looking at the ground, trying to clear his head a bit. He missed the way Jungkook looked at him in concern every once in a while, worry and maybe just a spark of something else in his eyes.