Chapter 17

Queen's POV.

It's been a very stressful day with customers demanding so much and also being so rude does not ease the stress either .

Now I am home and I have to deal with Clara and her tantrums. I sighed as I walked into the mansion rubbing my head tiredly.

"Queen are you okay , you should get some rest" , Nicholas said as he descends the stairs .

"Not until I deal with Clara and you also bringing a lunatic into my house is not helping" , I said angrily

"Queen look at the manner with which I spoke to you , look at the way you  answered me . Besides Stephanie is not a lunatic she is my wife." , Nicholas said .

"I am so sorry am not a big fan of "your wife" but you got married to her  knowing fully well your heart is with another" , I said.

"Are we going to talk about this once again Queen, you were the one that got married to my brother remember ?" , Nicholas asked with a frown on his face.

"You think I wanted to get married to nasty old Victor ? ", I asked shouting at him.

"Then why did you marry him Queen ,to the extent that you had a child with him" ,Nicholas asked angrily.

"I didn't have a child with him he threatened me with ", I started sobbing i couldn't complete my statement .

"He threatened you with what or is it a who , Queen what is going on ?" , Nicholas asked looking so confused .

"Dragon , why is my mummy crying ? ", Clara asked looking so confused.

Just what I need right now .My phone started ringing . Oh no I haven't even gotten any closer and he is calling.

I dashed out of the house to meet him, forgetting about Clara and Nicholas .

Nicholas POV .

"Clara why don't we get you to your room so you can get some rest ", I said .

"Dragon do you know why my mummy was crying today ? " , Clara asked

"Sweetheart I promise  you that you mummmy will be fine but i and mummy need you to rest okay .I know it's been a stressful day at school".

"Okay dragon I wrote a book about you and my mummy. You are the dragon King and mummy is the dragon queen and I am your baby dragon" , Clara said showing me the book with the drawings .

"Wow Clara that's very nice of you am sure your mother will love it ", I said before collecting the book from her and putting her to sleep .

I sat on her bed watching her . Of course ! How could I not have noticed this .

Clara is a blonde like me and my mother . Queen has a dark hair and so does Victor.

Clara also has blue eyes which Queen and Victor do not have .I am the one with the blue eyes .

I am the only one that Clara could have inherited the eyes and hair from .

Has Victor been threatening Queen with Clara . It makes sense the engagement party ...Clara disappearing .... Queen's nightmare ...

And Queen mentioned earlier that she didn't have a child with Victor .

Now it all makes perfect sense all the secrets .

I grabbed Clara's comb from her dresser and pulled out two strands of her hair . I was almost leaving when Clara started murmuring.

"Dragon I want you to be my daddy ....I don't like daddy ..You make mummy smile ....Daddy makes mummy cry ..please", she murmured.

I calmed her down and put her back to sleep when my phone rang .

I sighed this can't be good as I left the house in a hurry.

Queen POV .

"When will Javier be here ? ", I asked Patricio Picasso , the head of the intelligence agency.

"He said he is on his way Queen , he should be here soon " Patricio said

Then the door was opened and two people walked in Javier and his mother, Smith.

I exchanged pleasantries with Smith who asked after Clara and we kept on chatting till Patricio cleared his throat.

"Why is Queen here ,Patricio ?", Javier asked .

"The mission failed Javier ,Smith our insider at the De  Rosas mansion was  not able to find the evidence so we are here to plan everything again together . suggestions are welcome" . Patricio said .

"Wait ...what ..insider at the De Rosas mansion ...It's been Queen all along .How could I not have figured this out . Queen was supposed to bring the evidence against Victor but the accident put the plan to halt" . Javier said figuring it out .

"My God", Smith sighed.

"Only the evidence was stolen even before the wedding or the accident  and it was the morning of the wedding .According to Queen it was still kept safely before she went to bed the night before the wedding" . Patricio explained.

"Wait how does Queen remember all of this I thought she has memory loss" , Javier asked.

"Queen it your turn to speak ", Patricio said.

"I do have memory loss but recently I found my old diaries so I started reading them and the pieces started falling in place" , I explained.

"And you entered the entry for that day before your wedding  ?" , Smith asked.

"Yeah I did write in my diaries is like a way of coping with my reality . Anyways that morning of the wedding before I left for the church , I wanted to be sure it was still there and everything is still going as planned but the evidence was no longer where I kept it" .I said sadly.

"That okay Queen that is why we are all here to plan another way to bring Victor De Rosas down and to ensure that this time around we are successful". Patricio said calmly.

My goodness poor Victor look at the number of people willing to destroy him .

I am proud of Javier am so happy he has finally figured out that he is Clara's father .

Oh I am sure you all missed Stephanie and Victor .I promise they will be back in the next chapter.

To enjoy more chapters of TQOB

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

.....Maberu.