Chapter Eleven: Thirst for Knowledge

Before heading to the library I decided to stop by the Reference Room on the off-chance that someone had left a bible there. I knew that one of Ryou's 'cards' was in there, but...if nothing else, it was closer than the library.

"Ah, Tomoya-san; welcome," Miyazawa said as she rose from her seat and bowed. "It's been a while. Would you like some coffee?"

"S-Sure, thanks." I made my way over to a stack of books and started my search as the smell of brewing coffee started to fill the room. "Not here..."

The next shelf had sports manga, while the next had hentai...I quickly moved to the next row as my face heated up.

I felt a presence next to me and found Miyazawa with a cute smile and a steaming mug. "Here you go, Tomoya-san!"

"Thanks," I said as I took the mug and a sip. "I feel kinda stupid asking this," I admitted, "but are there any bibles in here?"

"Bibles? Well..." she said, heading to another bookcase. "Here's a manga bible; everything you wanted to know about manga up until..." she checked the cover, "...2001."

"No, no; I'm talking about the Christian bible."

She blinked at me. "You think someone's religious book was confiscated and brought here?"

"I'm not thinking of anything in particular," I said. "It's just that you have so many books, and you're closer than the library, so I thought I'd stop here first."

"I'm sorry; I don't think I have one of those," she said with an embarrassed smile and a giggle. "But...would you like to try the spell for today?"

I chuckled as she retrieved her 'spellbook'. "Do you have one that can cure bruises?"

"Bruises?" she gasped. "Are you hurt?" She dropped the book on the table and hurried over to me to poke at me repeatedly.

"Hey! Stop that," I protested. "I'm fine! It's for someone else!"

"Oh!" she squeaked. "I'm sorry!" she backed away, giving me precious breathing room. "Um...I'm afraid my book doesn't have any spells like that; they're mainly love spells, remember?"

"Oh. Right," I said, lightly bopping myself on the head. "I guess it has been a while, hasn't it?"

"Yeah," she said as she gazed at me with a small smile.

I suddenly felt very uncomfortable, so I quickly drained my mug and moved to the sink to rinse it out. "W-Well, it's been nice seeing you again..." I found a dish soap and sponge and gave the mug a good washing before setting it on a towel nearby and turning to leave. "Thanks for the coff-AH!"

Miyazawa had come up behind me while I was cleaning up after myself, and I nearly found myself nose-to-nose with her. "Do you really have to leave so soon?" she asked. "The library should have what you're looking for, and we haven't talked in so long."

"Th-That's true," I tried to ignore the look in her eyes as I scooted around her; this card was playing too close to my chest. "M-Maybe another time."

"Tomoya-san; please don't go," she begged as she reached out toward me.

"Another time, I promise!" I blurted as I bolted out the door.

What a dangerously sweet girl.

***

"Let's see, the library should be-ah, here it is," I said as I stopped in front of the large double-doors that formed the entrance to the library.

I felt like I was forgetting something as I slid the door open and saw... "Oh...crap."