The last chance

□□ But when you want to forget, sometimes, time has no essence. Time is useless. Time cannot be felt. □□

"Chances are, we can start the recording by next, next month." Alex said as he circles out the notes that Kirsten needs more practice on.

"That's just fine. But Alex, I'm a bit torn between the idea of working on this while being pregnant. But I don't want to stall the album, stall the people who are working on this, especially you."

"Actually, by the time you release your album, your tummy will be bigger. It'll be a hassle. You are right on that. Don't you think people will be understanding of your situation? Especially the Hopeless family."

"That's the thing, Alex. I don't want to burden other people. Yes, they will understand because they can't do anything about it. And them knowing my story makes me feel more guilty!"

Alex patted her head, "Hopeless will deal with that. For now, you have a responsibility which is to complete the album. Leave the rest to us. Alright?"

Kirsten nodded her head like an obedient child. She really can't do anything about being pregnant, but she could at least make the most out of it.

After discovering of her alarming sugar levels, she and Jack took drastic measures to ensure the safety of their baby.

But the album, the pregnancy, the sugar levels, and the social media outbursts of groups and fan clubs add up collectively to give her a good amount of stress.

2 weeks before the recording starts, Jack and Kirsten went back to the doctor for the scheduled check-up. They were hoping for a great news and a pat on their backs for the self-discipline they have with sweets. But all they got is a frown and some head shaking from the doctor.

"It got even worst." the doctor's voice was almost cracking. "This is not good, I have to be honest with you. I know you're having a busy time and an important project to top that. But if you won't lessen that, it would just be bad for the baby. I recommend a lot of rest."

"It's almost done, actually. But don't worry doc, I'll do what you say." Kirsten tried her best to answer back and assure the doctor.

"I sure hope so. You have to be back here by next week. Alright?"

Just when everything's going smoothly with the album already, something, someone has to pay the price. She feels so bad about what happened. It felt like she neglected herself and her baby just to get through the project-her dream and passion.

When they got home, Jack asked her to just sit with him on the couch. "I know you're worried right now, baby. But please.." he took her hands and wrapped it with his warm touch. "I'm here. We'll get through this together. I promise."

"I know. I know that. But it's just so bad that at the expense of the album, our baby is going through danger." Kirsten's eyes are starting to swell up. "Why does it have to happen? Why is there a price to everything! Just look-look at what your fans have to say. I know I'm past that already but what they want is becoming real. So real that I can feel it. I feel it! I feel down right now! I can't be happy. Even if I have the right to, circumstances never let me." her cheeks started to get wet with all the tears coming out.

"Kirsten, I'm in pain too. But even if it's that way, I want you to pour out your pain to me. I'd rather carry both of our burdens than to have you carry them all. I love you, Kirsten, and I don't want you to feel pain."

"It's not that simple!" she stood up and shook off Jack's hands. "It's not simple to endanger someone. It felt like were not even trying. What would other people say? That I'm a useless woman that can't even handle motherhood?!" Kirsten walked around the receiving area with tense and shaking hands. It's like all the walls around her are crumbling down.