Say Hello

□□ "Glad I trusted my lucky instinct." □□

Alex ran on the gravel pathway on to Lisa's door and knocked like crazy. He was welcomed with a sweet bitter smile coming from Lisa's sweet lips. He almost cried as he hugged her tight. If he could just turn back time, he won't let her wait that long.

He always thought about it. Throughout his life, he believed that turning back time was possible. If only his beloved stars would cause a great turbulence in the milky way that could cause abrupt changes in the whole galaxy and hopefully, turn back time. But it was just the results of his late night thinking of how awesome the space is.

"Come inside." Lisa gestured him to the couch.

"No. The cab's waiting. We're going to make it!" Alex's eyes were sparkling at her. He called up the reservations officer a few times while he was on his way to Lisa's house.

She could see his eagerness to keep the dinner date. He promised not to fuck it up again, and he was obviously keeping it up. So she grabbed her shoes beside the coffee table. Alex carried her on his back, her shoes dangling in front of him as she wrapped her arms on his shoulder.

When they reached the restaurant, most of the customers were already on the dessert course. Alex calmly approached the reservations officer to bring them to their table. He was told that there wasn't enough time to complete all the course so they would serve the basic ones.

He looked down at Lisa, and she smiled back at him, "It's alright. Just make sure that dessert will be served."

Alex relayed the message to the officer and shortly after, they were brought to their table near the view deck. Lisa would casually pin her hair to her ear and look out the city view. She felt awkward and stale. Alex wasn't talking or anything. It was like he's up to something.

When their appetizer came in, Lisa asked him, "You left your car on the street?"

Alex shook his head and answered, "Jack and Kirsten were there. I'll just pick it up on his house tomorrow." He was looking down at his food, and he remembered the note that Kirsten gave. He handed it to Lisa and carefully watched her reaction.

She read, "Hey Lisa. We haven't met, and I'm really bothered with a lot of things. My first line doesn't make any sense, but I felt like I owe you an apology. I'm sorry for taking up a lot of Alex's time. Especially, the night that I left him with Jack. I really don't know if he stayed there for the night, but I was pretty sure Alex have something to do that night. If it was something that you guys were supposed to do, I'm really sorry. I'm sorry for today as well."

She lifted her eyebrow at first, but she shot Alex a look of relief until Kirsten's last words. She hasn't opened it up to Alex, but by that time she felt like there's another person that she could share her thoughts with.

"You're going to pick up your car at Jack's, right?" she asked as she folded the note and slid it down her purse.

"Yeah. Why? What did the note said?" Alex answered then asked out.

Lisa took another bite off of her appetizer and said to Alex without any eye contact, "I'll come with you."

She did so and the next morning, she was the one who rang the doorbell. They bought pancakes and coffee on their way there to eat breakfast with Jack and Kirsten. She hit it up another time, and again, and again until they heard heavy footsteps from inside the house.

Jack lazily opened the front door, "Hi Lisa!" He tried to amp up his voice to match their smiles.

"Where's Kirsten? We bought some pancakes." Alex said as he shoved Jack away from the door to make way for Lisa.