of a plain and simple

□□ his joy was greater than her getting mad □□

Kirsten screamed out so loud, she could make someone deaf. "You're giving this to me?" she asked.

Carrie nodded her head with a big smile, the biggest she has for years. She brought a nice, polished violin with her. "I started to fall in love with this baby when I heard the acoustic version of Somewhere in Neverland." Her sweet smile made Kirsten cry uncontrollably.

"You know what happened at the Santa Balls, right?"

"Yeah. Were you hurt at that time?" Carrie asked as she put back the violin on its case.

"Badly hurt. I think I was almost lifeless when he found me." Kirsten stared blankly at Carrie's hands. They were facing each other while sitting at the concrete path.

Carrie handed the violin to her, and Kirsten didn't break contact with the spot she was staring at. "He found you among all the wreck."

"I finally found you!" Jack was panting and was holding on to his knees. He looked like he ran a hundred laps.

Kirsten looked over Carrie's head and smiled with a little worry on her face. Carrie turned around and gasped. It was Jack right in front of her.

"He found me again, Carrie." Kirsten patted her as she stood up.

Carrie was dumbfounded. She never heard of the two, and by the way they look at each other, she immediately saw that they were a thing. Jack was exhausted and he spoke like he has been looking for Kirsten all around the place.

Kirsten hugged him tight. Their tears are soaking on each other's clothes. "I thought I wouldn't find you. Fuck!"

Kirsten sat him down on the concrete and leaned him on the wall. She took her Gatorade, the one they bought before they settled down on that part of the lot. "I'm sorry, honey. I forgot about the time." Kirsten shook her head. She hasn't seen Jack like that. Maybe he looked like that when Santa Balls happened, but it was a blurry memory to her. She couldn't even remember how she was saved. All she knew that Jack was the one who found her, its what Zack has told her.

Jack was breathing heavily as he noticed Carrie. "Hi?" he greeted her. Kirsten was wiping the sweat off his face.

"You two?" she couldn't mutter the right term. Jack chuckled at her disbelief. He kinda knew that it would be one of the many reactions that he could receive from the people who didn't know about their story.

He was so exhausted and at one point he felt like passing out, only if Kirsten could carry him around. He almost forgot about it when there's actually one person who didn't know their story but knew of their love for each other. It was a relief, something that made him feel light and actually energized.

"No shit?!"

Jack and Kirsten looked at each other and laughed together. "No fucking shit baby!" Jack exclaimed then coughed for a while. He took another gulp from Kirsten's bottle of gatorade.

Kirsten immediately called up Zack, "Can you come over here? We're outside the grounds."

"Alright but prepare your explanation." Zack said in a serious tone.

"We miss you Kirchie!" Alex shouted before Zack hang up the phone.

"So the rumors were true? That you two are dating?!" Carrie asked again. She was slowly moving closer to the two, carefully observing the subtle signs of their relationship.