Chapter Ten: Staying This Way?

Anne's P.O.V

It was a strange night for me. Sleeping next to the man I call my soul mate . He killed me by shooting me three times, tried to kill me twice before, maybe even more. He killed my friends boss and now we are on our way to kill Steve Rogers.

But I am okay with that. Not with the fact that we are one our way to kill my friend , but with everything else.

I am forgiving all of his flaws now. I realize that he may be just a confused man on where he belongs in the world. We have all been there. But his case is more severe .

Bucky "woken" up when we had a about seven hours to kill Steve Rogers. We only had a total of three hours of rest . Which isn't too good for employees to have, but for Alexander , it was an exception.

I gotten dressed first into the uniform. Bucky was constantly glancing at me as I slipped on the mask . He always would look away when I caught him.

But I couldn't exactly blame him .

I could say that I snuck a quick peek of him changing. He had looked down and turned a bright red around his cheeks, how adorable . He was attractive even when his top was off, maybe even more then he was before. His blue eyes made contact with my brown eyes.

"You looked at me "I say teasingly.

Bucky laughed at the comment. He may be more human then most think.

After the laugh, we had rushed out of the door. We were given some bagged lunch while the two of us would drive to our destination . Well at least we got to eat something while on the road. The guard from yesterday Brock, had exchanged a glance at me but turned away when he seen that Bucky caught him,

Brock is such a bad ass, he dares to even still look at me . He may be a good fighter but that doesn't mean that he can get any girl that he wants. He was the one who had escorted the two of us to the car. There was so many in the parking lot, I would had loved to ride the shiny black one right next to the first one I was given: a tiny black car.

Bucky seemed to be the driver. It was good for that since I haven't driven a car for over seventy years. Brock was given the huge black van at the end of the lot. Great he is coming along as well, what fun.

He flashed a wink to me as he left the car, a thing that really annoyed me. Bucky had made a slight growl under his breath. I then looked at him for a moment as even though he worn his goggles, I could still tell that he was tense.

"Are you okay B..I mean" I said not knowing what to call him. He then removed his goggles and stared at me. His blue eyes were darker then normal as he wanted to know something.

"Who's Bucky? "He intruded. " I want details and everything on this man."

"Lets head off then I'll tell you on the way" I say. He pressed his foot on the petal as he started the car to leave the parking lot. Then he turned his head away from me.

I need to think of a plan fast if I want to save Steve's life. This man is fast and sneaky as he killed so many people I the past. I don't want Steve's name to be on the list.

Bucky's P.O.V

That name is so familiar to me . Bucky, as she already called me this twice. Anne seems to think I am this man, maybe he was a twin of mine or something. I would have known if it was me.

"He was a friend " She began looking down quickly. She had bitten her lips when she did so.

"Just that" I point out. Then there must be no significance in this man that she's been calling me.