Chapter Three: Moments Of Rest

Anne's P.O.V

I spoken when I was in danger. I couldn't believe that it could happen for a woman like myself , a woman that lost her voice from a deadly curse that her father placed on her.

Yet now my lips are sealed shut once again. I tried to speak while the doctor had stitched the back of my head but not a sound came out .

That's odd.

The doctor had taken a while but was very gentle with my stitching . He had told me that if I hadn't shown up sooner, I would have been dead. The man had told me that he had good relations with Nick Fury and Steve Rogers as they fought against a army a few years back.

Apparently the Norse Gods are real . Loki had attacked earth twice while I was gone. One time with a robot and the second time with an alien army. He now is dead according to the reports from his friend Thor.

Why am I even caring about this ? This doctor turned into a giant green monster! The world changed over the seventy years I was gone. Gods truly are real , like my father had predicted, aliens tried to take over the world, and Stark industries still grows as Howard son is already middle aged. I want to meet him someday even though the doctor warned me that he was uptight and into himself.

He finished my last stitch just as a new man had came into the room . He was older perhaps in his sixties. He had whitish with a blonde streak , he had worn round glasses. He looked rather formal.

The doctor had taken a step back from me as soon as the man made eye contact with me.

" Alexander Pierce. Nick sent you home early today" He said.

"Dr.Banner you should be out as well. And I had to rush over to meet the lovely young woman who saved Nick Fury over the horrible collision. You must have lots of skills miss.." Alexander said offering his hand to me .

"Anne Shmidt" The doctor replied for me.

"I didn't ask you Bruce" Alexander replied.

" She lost her voice . She got injured long the way however. This man who attempted to kill Nick hurt her but giving her seven stitches. If it wasn't for the Captain, she would be dead" He said smiling.

Alexander shaken my hand and smiled with a slight grin. "Well then your very lucky miss. I better head off . Meri and I have a date" He turned away and flashed a wink before leaving us.

"He's good friends with Nick " Bruce said as he taken the needles and thread away from the examination table. He then gestured Steve to come inside the room.

How long was Steve there? I hope it wasn't too long as the glass walls doesn't seem too soft to lie against. His suit was off at least, now he was more casual like everyone else in the world. His blonde hair was cut differently now as he worn a white t-shirt and blue jeans.

Yet I still wear the gown I worn in the 40's: my yellow floral gown that everyone. Anyone who had lived at that time must have tossed out by now. I need to get a haircut to fit into the style that we live in today. I dot think that woman curl their hair like that did back then. I noticed that everyone has their hair straight if it passes their jawline.

Steve had smiled as he wrapped his arms around me. Bruce has smiled at the two of us as he called a farewell to the two of us as he vanished.

"Have a good night "

"I want to tell you everything" He mutters to me as he parts from the hug. He stares down with his blue eyes . His hand had went through my long brown hair as he noticed the curls were still in them from the war. "But you need a stylist and a shower" he commented on my blood clotted hair