Chapter 3

Somehow I managed to fall back asleep.

I felt movements around me but I wasn't sure. My mind was asleep even though I once heard even when you're asleep you're still using all of your brain.

I woke up in Jack's arms. I turned over to face him, on my side. "Good morning, beautiful." He spoke.

"Who, me?" I say sarcastically, cuddling against him.

"You look amazing," he props himself up.

"I just woke up," I state.

"Your point?" He smiled.

"And you think you're perfect," I smirk.

"Baby, I know I am. I can't disagree with that, but I was talking about you."

I giggled, which I normally do not do. Jack's face becomes inches from mine. He is the one to make a move. Jack places a hand on the back of my lower head, and pulled me towards him. Our mouths touch and we are the only two people in the world.

Jack is my best friend, my boyfriend, my neighbor, my everything. I have never have wanted anything but him. And I hope he never wants anyone but me, even if that is selfish.

We are as close as we could be, but somehow the air closes in on us. Neither of us stop to breathe for what feels like forever. But it was probably only minutes.

I really needed to breathe. I wanted to get absorbed in him, to actually be part of him, so we didn't have to breathe. So we didn't have to stop. Eventually, I pulled back. But barely. We both were breathing loudly, but we are the only ones that could hear it.

"So did I just appear on this couch?" I smiled.

"That depends."

"On what?" I tilt my head.

"Do you believe in magic?" He smirks.

"I believe in you," I breathe, staring at him, vulnerable.

"Then that's a yes."

I laughed. "Do we have to get up? I want to stay here with you."

"We do, unfortunately."

"Why?" And then I felt sick. I forgot about my dad.

I jerked up, but Jack sat up with me, restraining me carefully.

"Hey, it'll be alright. Remember what my mom told you, your dad is okay. And we'll go together."

I nodded and leaned against him. Why am I such a bad daughter and girlfriend and best friend? I have to be cursed, or something, I decided.

"Meet me inside in twenty minutes?" He asked.

"Fifteen." I smirked.

"Deal," Jack winked and returned the smile. We kissed one more time before standing up.

I pushed against his chest, even though I didn't want to stop, but I know I had to. Jack grinned at me, then disappeared, walking towards his house. I rolled my eyes at him, smiling, and took another shower.

I changed into jeans, boots, but I couldn't find any of my shirts. Thanks a lot, Mr.Boyfriend, I thought sarcastically. I took one of Jack's old shirts and put it on. It was one from a couple years ago so it was just slightly big on me, since we were both fairly tall.

After grabbing my jacket, just incase it was cold outside. After my hair was dry, I raced inside to his house.

"Good morning, Mrs. Robinson," I said smiling as Maria cooked breakfast.