18

one week until the next hockey game- and that was really what pete was focused on. 

this game was the one that was going to decide his future, there would be scouts at this game, who would decide if he could get a scholarship or not. and he really wanted a scholarship. 

and yeah- mikey had been helping him train. every day, whether it was a scheduled practice or not, pete would train, and mikey would bring him water and towels and get new pucks and give him praise and kisses on the forehead. 

pete was positive that this game was going to go well. 

gerard, however, was still irrevocably in love with frank- and he didn't  seem to be getting over him any time soon. he stayed on the couch and watched sad movies until he fell asleep, and mikey was very over his mopey attitude. they were all just thankful he was still going to hockey practices, because they really needed him for this game. 

finally- friday night. the game the boys had been waiting for, and as pete sat in the changing room preparing himself, with mikey secretly whispering reassuring comments into his ear, he felt okay, and like it was going to go well. 

and it was, until gerard saw frank in the stands. 

"gee! focus!" was yelled at him, and he shook his head out of his daze, focusing back on the ice and then focusing on the black disc shooting around- everywhere. it was getting passed everywhere. he felt a little sick.

"go gereard! you've got this!" a loud italian accent called, and gerard paused, turning to frank- he was grinning and giving him the thumbs up- and naturally , gerard grinned back and he was okay again. he began to race around after that little fucking disc, and everything was going okay. he was determined to win- and so was pete, who was smiling widely to himself underneath his helmet. 

when the game was over, everyone froze for half a second. who'd actually won? but then pete's eyes lit up when he looked over at the scoreboard and- "we won!" 

everyone was smiling and cheering and it was all a good time, and then a man in a suit walked over to pete, and mikey watched pete pull off his helmet and the man put his hand on pete's shoulder and give him a business card, pete beaming at the man the whole time. that guy must've been a recruiter-guy, (mikey didn't really know what they were called, but he knew that he was crucial for pete's career.)

and mikey stumbled down the stands to his boyfriend with a goofy grin on his face, slinging his arms around him.

"mikey, we can't here, too many people-" pete whisper-hissed, pushing mikey back, and mikey's smile dropped. people around them- including gerard and frank, who were smiling nervously at one-another- looked over, because a frown was too sad to be on someone as cute as mikey way.

"why not? not like we're making out, i'm just giving you a congratulatory hug," mikey said, his eyebrows furrowing in anger. 

"no but, people will know-"

"what, are you scared of them calling you a fag? like they do to me every day, anyway?" mikey's words stabbed straight through pete, who's lip trembled.

"please, mikes, can we talk about this later?" more people were watching and the cheering had died down. why was the captain talking to that kid? 

"no, pete. i wanna talk about it now. why can't i hug you? why can't i touch you?" mikey hissed, and pete shook his head. "va te faire foutre," he said, and dallon giggled, along with a few of his other french classmates. 

"what'd you just say?" pete asked, and mikey took a step foreward, so that their chests were almost touching. 

"go fuck yourself, pete," mikey whispered, and pete slammed his lips against the taller boy's, catching everyone in surprise. they kissed angrily, with pete's fingers digging into mikey's waist and mikey's fingers pulling at pete's hair, until gerard had to push them apart. 

"i fucking love you," pete spat, and mikey rolled his eyes.

"i love you too, you asshole," mikey said, and most of the people around them smiled, (although there was that few that looked away in disgust, but you're always going to get that when you're in a gay relationship.) "i told you everything would be okay," mikey said, and pete shrugged, watching as everyone went back to congratulating the team, and then they spotted gerard and frank talking quietly. 

"d'you wanna go listen in?"

"fuck yeah," mikey said, sliding their fingers together, and they sneaked over to the older way and the exchange student. 

"i'm- you know that i'm really sorry, gee. what's that saying?"

"don't, frank-"

"you don't know what you've got until it's gone?"

"you don't know what you're talking about." 

"senior year's almost over, gerard, and that means i'm gonna have to go back to italy. i want to spend my summer in america with you." 

"why?" 

"because you're 'gerard fucking way,' and i like you," frank said, and when they kissed mikey turned and gagged to pete, who laughed. 

"let's go home, mikes," pete said, "back to your place?"

"don't you wanna go to brendon's celebration party?" mikey asked, their hands swinging as they walked together. 

"i think the best way i could celebrate this win, would be to cuddle up on the couch with you and watch adventure time, okay?" mikey's heart melted.

"okay." 

-

I'M SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG BUT HEYO YA BOYO IS BACK A LOT OF SHIT HAS BEEN HAPPENING IN MY LIFE AND I WROTE THIS CHAPTER IN LIKE TWENTY MINUTES BECAUSE I SUDDENLY HAD INSPIRATION ANFKJNSDKGHSOHGN 

LIFE IS CRAZY

FICS CAN BE VERY HARD TO WRITE

GOOD PETEKEY FICS ARE HARD TO FIND TBH 

THAT'S ALL